FS2004 crashing on Mouse Click!!!

Pro Member Trainee
Bob (Bulldog897) Trainee

Has anyone come across this problem.

About 30%/40% of the time, when I am selecting OK with the mouse within FS2004, my machine just reboots itself.

If I can actually get into a flight , it works fine, so I suspect this is not a video card related.

When it does crash, it makes a sound of several clicks all at once.

I've tried a different mouse and unplugging my joystick and still get the same problem. I've had no other issues with other software I have installed like CFS3 and StarWars Battlefront etc.

Has anyone else experianced this problem? If, so, does the FS2004 Update resolve this issue (I only have a very slow dial up so I don't want to have to download update if I really don't need to)

My system details are:-
Athlon 2800 +
512MB Ram
Windows XP Home - to SP2
DirectX 9.0c installed
Nvida Geforce4 MX 440 128MB

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😳 Not come across this before ❓
Try these MS pages ➡

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;258496

Let us know how you get on

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Take a look at this also.

Am I to understand that it's from the speakers and not the case?

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Bob (Bulldog897) Trainee

Thanks for both of your ideas

I have been able to get a work around in that i navigate around the FS2004 menus using joystcik and keyboard

I will look into downloading the latest drivers for my chipset though - i'll let you know how it goes

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...