Multiple monitors

Pro Member Trainee
richardgrosser Trainee

Does anybody know how to direct a particular screen to an individual monitor. The simulator (an OV-1 Mohawk cockpit) has three LCDs. A large screen with a Fresnel lens for the outside view, a smaller screen set into the instrument panel for the instruments and a separate screen on the co-pilot's side for the instructor which should display the normal cockpit view (outside and instruments). I want this setup to be the default so that it does not have to be setup every time you start FSX. Initially, I configured the nVidia graphics card to make the two pilot's side monitors into one large portrait format monitor. This works quite well, but does not permit the third monitor (on a separate graphics card) to display anything useful. No one (including nVidia) seems to know how to do this or if it can be done. I would be very appreciative if anyone can solve this problem.

Richard C. Grosser
Palm Springs Air Museum

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
richardgrosser Trainee

This problem does not really relate to Windows XP settings- the issue is with Flight Simulator. Can I tell FSX to always display the instrument panel on monitor 2, for example?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

richardgrosser wrote:

This problem does not really relate to Windows XP settings- the issue is with Flight Simulator. Can I tell FSX to always display the instrument panel on monitor 2, for example?

I doubt it.
I've never see the setting in FS9 or FSX that could do that.
It may be done with some of the hardware/software that you can buy for multiple monitors but then your talking real money and tech know how.
There are hardware forums that deal with that.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

Try to save the flight with the set up I like and the next time it may came back

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...