ADF???

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

When trying to use the ADF in FSX on the 172, I can't get the ADF to switch on... When the mouse is dragged over the button the little hand pointer does not come on and I can't seem to switch on the ADF, what am I doing wrong? Embarassed

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Try looking in the Kneeboard for the key combo for it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

7ECA-Captain wrote:

When trying to use the ADF in FSX on the 172, I can't get the ADF to switch on... When the mouse is dragged over the button the little hand pointer does not come on and I can't seem to switch on the ADF, what am I doing wrong? Embarassed

The ADF doesn't have a on/off switch, it's always on. The ADF has a very short range, most NDB stations are only guaranteed out to 25 nm and some are only 15 nm. The switch on the audio selection panel(ADF) is only for audio for the ADF and has no effect on it's operation. Normally pilots will listen the the coded identifier of an NDB during use so that they'll know immediately if the station or the ADF fails, there is no warning flag as with the VOR.

The ADF audio switch should work but press Ctrl+5 and that should select the audio for the ADF.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...