The U.S. Navy uses MS Flight Sim for Newbies!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's a fascinating article of how the Navy and Flight Schools have discovered how Worthy FS9 really is.

Any out there find that it has helped them when they go to get their license????

http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,60830,00.html

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Ghost22 Trainee

wow, that's pretty cool.

Pro Member Trainee
Some Chick :) (IceMaiden) Trainee

Transport Canada approved FS98 as a tool for the IFR training syllabus in areas where one didn’t have access to static sim's. I.e. CYMM Fort McMurray Alberta, where I did mine. 😎

I’m 3/4 on the tail end of a multi, and FS9 is being considered for future program development's at our training facility, dont know what it's like since I havent used FS9 yet. 😞

FS helps to a point, maybe FS9 is better I don’t use that, but FS98 couldn’t handle weight/balance, fuel burn, mag compass drift/lag, virtual vs. real distance, nav behavior, wxo etc to any degree of reliable accuracy. Fun tool to take the edge off though. 😀

PhotoM8 Guest

Icemaiden,

I saw your post and have to say that I was reluctant about going from 2002 Pro to 2004....... I'm glad I did!!! HUGE changes in many places. The only thing I miss is the 3d and feeling of the aircraft beneath me. I just don't have the money to add the full motion effects *L*.

I bought my copy in Singapore while deployed. A couple other pilot friends of mine had my poor laptop running a total of 20-24 hrs a day *L*!!!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...