SearchSearch 

2 "Lost" Aircraft? Help, Suggestions or Direction

Pro Member Trainee
Jantom Trainee

😞 Two aircraft issues. One, I have the Dehavilland Beaver (DHC2 - Wheels) from the downloads area, but it doesn't have a virtual cabin or panel configuration, nor can I find the "original float version". And, two, my FS2004 directory shows a Piper PA-28 listing, but it doesn't show up when I actually fly the sim and look for that aircraft. Have I inadvertently changed something? Embarassed I'm running everything on a Dell Dimension 8300 with XP Pro and up to now everything's been great! Any guidance, suggestions or outright direction would be appreciated. Thanks! 😀

4 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Firstly, keep in mind that not all aircraft come with a virtual cockpit.

Secondly, if the piper comes with a readme, read it carefully to ensure that everything in is the right place.

Pro Member Trainee
Jantom Trainee

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

Firstly, keep in mind that not all aircraft come with a virtual cockpit.

Secondly, if the piper comes with a readme, read it carefully to ensure that everything in is the right place.

F_E_M: I wasn't clear in my first posting; my original installation of MS FS2004 has an "aircraft" file that included the following: Piper PA28, DH Dash-8, MD-83 in the listing. None of those aircraft come up within the program if you try to "change" aircraft, nor does any of them have a readme file. None of them were "download" versions of aircraft. So, it looked like the program right out of the box had either fewer aircraft than the list indicated, I somehow (oh, that famous word "somehow"!!) installed it incorrectly, or my CD copy of FS2004 has a glitch on it? 😕 Thanks.

Pro Member Trainee
Ohiosimmer Trainee

That one could just be AI aircraft......only used for traffic

Pro Member Trainee
Jantom Trainee

Ohiosimmer wrote:

That one could just be AI aircraft......only used for traffic

Oooops! Embarassed And that could explain why the "textures" files for those aircraft don't open properly; they're not needed if they're only traffic with little red labels on 'em! Many thanks, "Buck-eye Soarer"!!