2 "Lost" Aircraft? Help, Suggestions or Direction

Pro Member Trainee
Jantom Trainee

😞 Two aircraft issues. One, I have the Dehavilland Beaver (DHC2 - Wheels) from the downloads area, but it doesn't have a virtual cabin or panel configuration, nor can I find the "original float version". And, two, my FS2004 directory shows a Piper PA-28 listing, but it doesn't show up when I actually fly the sim and look for that aircraft. Have I inadvertently changed something? Embarassed I'm running everything on a Dell Dimension 8300 with XP Pro and up to now everything's been great! Any guidance, suggestions or outright direction would be appreciated. Thanks! 😀

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Firstly, keep in mind that not all aircraft come with a virtual cockpit.

Secondly, if the piper comes with a readme, read it carefully to ensure that everything in is the right place.

Pro Member Trainee
Jantom Trainee

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

Firstly, keep in mind that not all aircraft come with a virtual cockpit.

Secondly, if the piper comes with a readme, read it carefully to ensure that everything in is the right place.

F_E_M: I wasn't clear in my first posting; my original installation of MS FS2004 has an "aircraft" file that included the following: Piper PA28, DH Dash-8, MD-83 in the listing. None of those aircraft come up within the program if you try to "change" aircraft, nor does any of them have a readme file. None of them were "download" versions of aircraft. So, it looked like the program right out of the box had either fewer aircraft than the list indicated, I somehow (oh, that famous word "somehow"!!) installed it incorrectly, or my CD copy of FS2004 has a glitch on it? 😕 Thanks.

Pro Member Trainee
Ohiosimmer Trainee

That one could just be AI aircraft......only used for traffic

Pro Member Trainee
Jantom Trainee

Ohiosimmer wrote:

That one could just be AI aircraft......only used for traffic

Oooops! Embarassed And that could explain why the "textures" files for those aircraft don't open properly; they're not needed if they're only traffic with little red labels on 'em! Many thanks, "Buck-eye Soarer"!!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...