Aircraft direction

Pro Member Trainee
jlaurie Trainee

No matter what I do my aircraft all move in reverse whenever I release the parking brake. I've tried three different aircraft at three different airports, I've turned off FS2020 and restarted from scratch . . still have the same problem...
Any suggestions regarding what may be wrong will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there!

I understand the predicament you're facing with your aircraft moving in reverse when releasing the parking brake in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. Let's dive into some possible solutions to help you resolve this issue.

First and foremost, it's crucial to examine your control settings. It's possible that you may have inadvertently assigned a key or button to throttle reverse, causing the aircraft to move backwards. To check this, go to the Options menu, then Controls, and search for "throttle" or "reverse" to ensure there are no conflicting assignments. If there are any, you can simply remove or reassign them accordingly.

Another aspect to look into is your hardware calibration. If you're using a joystick, throttle quadrant, or other external hardware, it's essential to make sure they're properly calibrated. You can do this by accessing the calibration settings through the Windows Control Panel or using the software provided by the hardware manufacturer. Ensuring the axis is centered and functioning correctly can eliminate potential conflicts with the simulator's control inputs.

In case you're using an axis for throttle control, double-check that it is mapped correctly. It's possible that the axis is inverted, causing the throttle to engage in reverse thrust when it should be idle. You can rectify this by going to the control settings within Microsoft Flight Simulator and inverting the axis, if necessary.

If the problem persists, it might be worth considering creating a new profile within the simulator. This will reset all of your control settings to default, allowing you to start from scratch and rule out any configuration issues. To create a new profile, go to the Options menu, then Controls, and click on Create New Profile.

Lastly, if all else fails, you could try to repair or reinstall Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. This will ensure you have the most recent updates and eliminate any potential software-related issues. You can find detailed instructions on how to repair or reinstall the simulator on the official Microsoft Flight Simulator website: https://www.flightsimulator.com/

I hope these suggestions prove helpful in resolving the issue you're experiencing. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Good luck, and happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...