ALIAS Problem!

Pro Member First Officer
William A. Jones (waj2306) First Officer

Recently, I have encountered a problem with Aliasing sound. Aliasing panels works perfectly! When I alias sound files, they do not work. I have checked and double checked the syntax and file placement. I only Alias FS9 default panels. When I add the entire sounf file to the AC, it works great. But not the Alias file for that AC.

ANy ideas?

Thanks

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

waj2306 wrote:

Recently, I have encountered a problem with Aliasing sound. Aliasing panels works perfectly! When I alias sound files, they do not work. I have checked and double checked the syntax and file placement. I only Alias FS9 default panels. When I add the entire sounf file to the AC, it works great. But not the Alias file for that AC.

ANy ideas?

Thanks

This is a problem that has plagued me forever. I've managed to find several remedies because one doesn't seem to cure all. I should mention that I keep all of my soundsets in a separate folder I created: Flight Simulator 9 / Aircraft / Sound.

Example:

[fltsim]
alias=sound\cf6-50c

//alias=sound\cf6-50c Classic//

//alias=B737_400\sound//

You can see that the sound I'm currently using is 'alias=sound\cf6-50c'

You can also see that the bottom (3rd) one is the traditional way, it's aliased to the default 737 which I keep inside the Aircraft itself just like all the other default soundsets for obvious reasons.
The first and second soundset on the list reside in the separate Sound folder I've created - hence the different path. I'm using this system so I can easily switch from one soundset to another.
I have had problems with this one... I made wide spaces between each individual entry and the problem is gone.

Unfortunately this doesn't always work. I have found that sometimes if the soundset has a long, complicated name changing (renaming) it to something simpler and shorter in particular works. Again though, not always.
One quick band aid fix is to load a different a/c first and then select the a/c you actually want to fly. But again this doesn't always work. I've also found that when loading the default Cessna flight first and then changing to a jet like the DC-10, the Cessna sound is carried over to the DC-10. This can sometimes be remedied by instead of loading the Cessna first, you load a jet a/c of which you know that you always get the sound on first loading and then switch to the a/c you want to fly.

All of the above seems to work in some instances but not in all and I'm still trying to find a universal solution. If you find one, please share it with us.

PS: I have been toying with the idea to move my special soundfolder out of my Aircraft directory and out of fs9 all together into Local Disk/.. which I have done with some of my add-on scenery. No idea though whether this could actually fix the problem and besides I'd have to re-alias most of my soundsets because the path will have changed.

Pro Member First Officer
William A. Jones (waj2306) First Officer

Thanks for the look-see at your setup. I am going to use your seperate folder system, and see if that will makae life better. I'll get back to you in a day or two .

Thanks
Bill

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...