How do I change my default sounds alias=b737_400\sound

Pro Member Trainee
Todd (ohboy710) Trainee

A lot of the aircrafts point to alias=b737_400\sound for the sound file. however, I dont' have that folder anymore because I must have deleted it, but I have all the sounds that I want to use in my sound folder. How do I point the planes to the sound files that I want to use. In other words, can I make a default sound.cfg file and point the planes that I want to that specific file so that I have the same sounds for all the planes? or do I even know what I am talking about?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

or do I even know what I am talking about?

Oh boy.

I think I know what you want to do - and yes it can be done. It can be easy or very difficult.

If you want to do it the easy way, I'm happy to take you through the steps.

NOTE: There is only one easy way!

Don't be vague. Be precise.

Example: "I have all the sounds that I want to use in my sound folder"

Which sound folder? Describe the path /location and the name ie. SOUND, sound, my sounds etc.

When you refer to 'sounds' - which sounds?

When you refer to 'aircraft' - which aircraft?

I think you get the drift. If you want, we can try Read

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

ohboy710 wrote:

In other words, can I make a default sound.cfg file and point the planes that I want to that specific file so that I have the same sounds for all the planes? or do I even know what I am talking about?

Yes you can 😛

1st you need to find(I think you already have 😉 )some sounds that you like.(There are 100s of sound files on the web)
Place the sound files that you have picked into a folder and name the folder "sound".Now simply place that folder into the Aircraft folder of your choice
Thats it
To alias to those sounds just put
[fltsim]
alias=B737_400\sound or whatever aircraft you decide ie alias=SGA_A300\sound

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

TTT,

Won't the titles of the WAV (Sound) files that he picks up and puts into the 'Sound' folder need to have specific names, as per the sound.cfg file that is in the Aircraft Sound folder than he Aliases to ?

Pro Member Trainee
Todd (ohboy710) Trainee

That is what I was thinking. I actually did change the path in the sound.cfg file to point to another aircrafts sounds and it worked just fine. Now I want to pick my own sounds, instead of just using other aircraft sounds.... so I would think that I would need to specify the sound file names somewhere like you said.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 If you d/load a sound set,they should already be named
FS looks for the folder ie ➡

B737_400\sound

Thats as simple as fs is,it simply looks to the direction it is pointed,B737_400 , = aircraft folder /sound, points it to the sound folder

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...