Cockpit Altitude call out

Pro Member Trainee
serhgut Trainee

Just wondering if FSX has a computer automated voice that calls out altitude during approach, like in real life. I have heard other FS's that have it just wondering if there is an addon or if I don't have it turned on.

Thanks

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
shylock (scottyboy39) Trainee

From what I know its a add on.Dont have the link tho sorry but go to avsim and try searching around there for it.

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

you could go to avsim (www.avsim.com) sign up is free from there go to their pilot needed i think it is or downloads, then download FScopilot the program is an auto installer. next start up fs go to your airport etc... then press the "alt" key and look for FScopilot then click GPWS or "ground proximity warning system" which calls out 40-50-30-20-10- touchdown

Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

Can't find it

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

Nope still can't get it to work, I am obviously doing something wrong, as usual!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Those are only improved soundfiles for the PMDG - if you don't have it they're useless.

Check out these two posts:

(dead links removed)

If you're looking for the Project Magenta sounds, they can be found here:

http://www.projectmagenta.com/ -- click on 'Downloads' and then on 'pmSounds'.

From the Download page:

Quote:
Please note:

* to install pmSounds simply run the Setup program and follow the steps you see on the screen, the program will create its own folder and a subfolder containing the sound files.
* pmSounds might not run with some sound cards when used on the same PC as FS
* pmSounds should not be installed within any of the FS folders, it runs independently from FS, on the FS computer or on a computer in a network using WideFS
* pmSounds requires FSUIPC

BTW, the file size is understated at 1.3 MB, it's actually 5.15 MB.

Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

Yep, got the projectmagneta working. Thanks for your help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You're welcome Tiger 🍻

Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

Merry Christmas cheeky

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Tiger, Cheeky (Don't diss my name 😀 ) what is going on here 😳 ❓

dalehan123 Guest

Project Majenta no longer offers the pm sounds callouts. I emailed one of their reps and he told me that they have taken it off their freeware. He also said that they may or may not put it back on.

I built a gaming computer just to run FSX on it and I would like to have the cockpit callouts on it. I have PMsounds on one of my laptops and the PM rep suggested that I copy it to a jump drive and transfer it to my new build. I tried that but it didn't or wouldn't work. Does anyone out there know how to transfer pm sounds from one computer to another? Or is there another program available as an add on. I have heard of FS copilot, but I understand that it is troublesome to use.

Any Ideas are appreciated!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
Mike (pusser) Trainee

FSPassengersX, along with FDC Live Cockpit also have the call outs included.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...