Denali Base Camp Charter Mission

Pro Member Trainee
paulchris2 Trainee

Ok, I have flown the supplies to Denali Base Camp. After landing they ask you if you want to fly to the Medical Camp to pick up a passenger. I accepted and cannot takeoff! No matter what I do the plane starts to veer to the right and I continue to slide in a giant circle. I cannot straighten the plane no matter what. As well, I cannot gain any speed. I've tried ski's up, down, rudder postions, all to no avail. It feels like one of the brakes is on but it is not. I have tried taking off with the same plane in the same conditions on other missions and on my own and I never have a problem. What's up?
Still going crazy on this mission, Paul

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

how hard did you land to drop off the supplies. If you land too hard you break your prop and are unable to takeoff.

Pro Member Trainee
paulchris2 Trainee

the props fine

Pro Member First Officer
Llain First Officer

Hi try reflying the mission and save your flight before you land.
You might have had a hard landing. I have flown this mission a few times
without a problem

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

when you landed at base camp, did you manage to land on the runway marked by the red pilons? It is pretty flat there so you shouldn't be sliding around. It sounds like you may be on an ice slope and therefore unable to control your plane. I've found that once you land the plane, you become more of a passenger on the ice than a pilot.

Pro Member Trainee
paulchris2 Trainee

Well, it looks like Llain was right. I flew the mission again and had no problem taking off again at Base Camp, and at the Medical Camp cliff. I suppose that even though I did not break my prop on my Base Camp landing, the landing was hard enough to muck something up. What a learning experience! Thanks everybody, Paul

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...