Light bloom problems, weird

Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

Ok so I got a new graphics card for Christmas a 8600 GT OC 512MB

originaly I had an ATI X800XL 256MB card and I could enable light bloom, but on my new GC I can enable it but when I reload the textures and stuff my screen is white, only one time everything was normal, I got all my updates and everything, and Im running the resolution on 1680x1650

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Bloom takes to much "power" for what it gives you.
It also produces a glare at time when the sun hits an object.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

Hey I've a similar problem with my 8600GTS....well when I change any display settings in game and return to flying mode I see a brief white screen. However it is okay after 2-3 seconds...this is only when I try to increase the mesh or global texture resolution.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

abmukh80 wrote:

Hey I've a similar problem with my 8600GTS....well when I change any display settings in game and return to flying mode I see a brief white screen. However it is okay after 2-3 seconds...this is only when I try to increase the mesh or global texture resolution.

The scenery (aircraft) is too graphic intensive for your card to render immediately. When the cards get to the point that you can max out all the slides and AI then it will be time for FS11. 😂

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

RM you have given me a gr8 clue!!!! I guess I should try reducing the aircraft details and keeping rest of the display settings same. May be I get rid of the problem. Anyway I'm quite satisfied with my XFX 256mb card. Trust me I've seen it perform better than 512 mb cards.

Cheers!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...