Cargo Door Question

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

This is just something that I have noticed, but how come on almost every airplane I have seen are the cargo doors on the right side? Is this because they board passengers on the left. And answers would be nice.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

i guess that would be the theory but i guess they like having both cargo doors on the right but then again whats the point for having 4 cargo doors besides b747`s etc

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

On the CRJ series the cargo doors are on the left. I think that it's just whatever works best for each model of aircraft. You are correct that jetways connect to the left side of the aircraft so that may play a part in the design.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

I'm pretty sure that the DC-10 has it's rear cargo door on the left 😉

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Yeah I can't think of a real reason either guys. I know almost every aircraft does, well commercial except for some regional jets.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...