computer specs

guest Guest

I just got a new computer, i am not really concerned about all of the graphic settings set to the max but will this new computer run FS9 at an average level? My current computer won't run it at all.

Specs include.
Processor - Intel Pentium 4 Processor 520 with HT Technology (2.8GHz)
memory - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM at 400MHz
video card- 128MB PCI Express x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X300 SE

hard drive-80GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM
sound card--Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit ADVANCED HD Audio,100dB/Dolby Digital/96KHz/7.1

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Your CPU is more than enough.
The amount of ram is sufficient although if you brought it up to 1 gig it would be better.
Your video card is lacking some but will be sufficient, getting a new card should be your first priority if you ever want to upgrade.

In other words, get it and you'll have a good time with some good settings, no not maxed out.

Radar

DonWood Guest

Radarman - Tagging along on the original post, I am running a 2.4G Pentium 4 w/256K RAM. I am going to upgrade to either 756K or 1024K RAM, depending on how many slots I have. What do you recemmend for an upgraded video card.

FS09 ran well on the 256K RAM but I downloaded the USA Roads you recemmended and it has definately slowed the refresh rate down and I occasionally get a frame freeze for a few seconds. I assume the RAM upgrade should take care of that.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

DonWood,
XP uses 128mb to run, that left you with 128mb for all the programs running in the background and the sim.
The more Ram you have the faster the textures render.
As for Video cards, read this post and be sure to click on the Tomshardware link.
Get the best you can afford, you will get better FPS.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

RadarMan, you forgot to put the link for DonWood. But here it is. I'll put it for you, hehe: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/4024/graphics-card-what-is-best/

I think that this was the link that you wanted to put. It shows the Tomshardware link.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Angus,
Thank you, old age is setting in.

Radar

DonWood Guest

Thanks for the help guys. I'm going shopping tomorrow.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

You're welcome RadarMan. Now I see the causes of being old... 😂

DonWood, which video card are you going to buy? Just for curiosity.

DonWood Guest

I live in a fairly remote area so I'm not sure which choices I will have. I made a note of the top six in the link Radarman referred me to and I'll try and find one of those. If I can't, I'll probably wait until I have to go to town and just do the RAM upgrade for now.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...