Need help asap

Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

FSX said crashed and it said the following... "FSX has ran out of memory, please set different graphics, scenery, or traffic settings."

uhhhhh, how?

here are my specs

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard
AMD Athlon 64-bit 3200 2.01GHz rated at 3.2GHz
Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT OC 512MB
2GB ram DDR
320 GB HDD 3GB/sec

I dont know how it ran out of memory if I got 2GB of ram and a 512MB Graphics card, im confused do I need more memory or something

My settings were all on ultra high except for scenery which was on high and traffic was on high at 1680x1650 32-bit

Im confused 😕 😕 😕

Also I run all those setting at about 15-20FPS

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
doubleb Trainee

are u using sp1 or sp2?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Shutdown and restart your computer. Windows and/or other programs allocate resources that they don't use, overtime the amount can build up. It can also happen if you go long periods without turning off your computer.

Last edited by CRJCapt on Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

im using service pack one with the expansion pack, and I just restarted my PC I have been playing that game for 1 hour and 30 minutes but this is the first time it eer did that

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

Hey Spooty,

Dont get discouraged I've similar config as you have but I try not to max out on everythin. Instead keep everything at medium or medium high with a descent frame target of 25-30.

Cheers and Happy flyin!!!!

Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

😳 MAN I did what u told me to to put it on medium high, AND MAN Im getting 50FPS!!!!! and it still looks good

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

I always go with higher frame rates than better pictures!!! Anythin over 25-30 fps is really useless for me in terms of any moving video!!!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...