FS2004 Addons

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

I've installed FS04 (finally lol) and i want to know what addons you guys have installed to make it look beautiful 🙂

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
skompier Trainee

I really like World Environment. It makes FS2004 look very nice.

http://www.zinertek.com/flightsimulator/worldenvironment.html

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

take a gander at these there all freeware to

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/15408/some-useful-files-all-freeware/

ntw welcome to the forums skompier

Pro Member Trainee
skompier Trainee

acepilot32 wrote:

take a gander at these there all freeware to

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/15408/some-useful-files-all-freeware/

ntw welcome to the forums skompier

Thanks... 😀 I've been around a few years, just never posted since I found my answers by searching.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Razgr1z912 wrote:

I've installed FS04 (finally lol) and i want to know what addons you guys have installed to make it look beautiful 🙂

Beautiful? Just looking at the splash screen is beautiful ❤️

Now here is a list of freeware (and now I'm thinking you probably want payware) which gives you some indication what's popular: http://library.avsim.net/hotlist.php?Period=365

I like the ISD Project - Rome Fiumicino LIRF 2005 and the ISDproject LIMC2005 Milano Malpensa, the Airport Environment Upgrade 7 is a must. Further down you find the Boston Logan V2.1, the Project Canarias 2006 Part 1/3 is an absolute beauty.

Most items on the list are either a/c, AI packages or the occasional soundset you probably won't need any advice there.
Flightsim.com have a similar list - I find those a good starting point.

Okay, now tell us that you were actually inquiring about payware 😀

Pro Member First Officer

If its not payware, I want payware quality 😛

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Zinertek World Environment, it's a must have 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Razgr1z912 wrote:

If its not payware, I want payware quality 😛

Well, I was right then, wasn't I Doh!

You are aware though that what you refer to as 'payware quality' is not necessarily superior to freeware? Umm...

Look at the difference in quality of Hovercontrol helicopters compared to many of the Alphasim efforts 😳

But then you are really inquiring about Environment and ground textures... or are you Radar 😀

Pro Member First Officer

Yeah, but i also want teh good looking aircraft for teh close upz @ airports xD. But mostly i want enviorment.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Razgr1z912 wrote:

Yeah, but i also want teh good looking aircraft for teh close upz @ airports xD.

Enlighten me Raz, what does that mean?

Now... I'm using intuition and I am improvising:

You're aware of the fact that the a/c which still look good in close ups do not necessarily have realistic flight dynamics and vice versa. It's a matter of trade off... but you're so lucky 🙂) , you're in good company here at FS9, all you have to do is say what you really want 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Let me play devil's advocate here....

WHy do you fly in flight simulator?

To look good on the ground, or to experience a virtual idea of what it is like to fly these aircraft?

That having been said... a lot of it is trial and error. download planes, check them out, no one says that you cannot have something that looks great AND flies great... gotta learn to work the system.

EXAMPLE- I have a really awesome looking Airbus 319... modeled after the real life steeler air. but the cockpit looked like crap, and it flew like crap. What did I do, download a different panel, something more realistic, and tweaked the cfg file a little. Now I have a dream bird.

The plane I got from AVSIM, the panel from Simviation.

POSKY (project open sky) makes great models that fly well... but their cockpits look like crap or are the default cockpits. Payware such as Captain Sim, Skydecks, PMDG all make great stuff... but that does not mean you cannot download a free POSKY plane and get a wicked panel for it. Just search around man, it's all there for the taking!!!

Any of us here can tell you download this download that... but does it FEEL right to you???? Does it meet what YOU are looking for. Only you know.

Spend a day on AVSIM... download a bunch of planes... then go to simviation and download panels for them. mix n match... make it work. You will get a better plane out of it.

Pro Member First Officer

Posky is my haven 🙂 I checked that out right before you posted. Its awesome 😛 Planes that look good when you zoom in when their parked and you look @ nose when its on jetway (I know I need a special addon for them to work.)

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...