What must I edit to get jetways to dock

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

What must I edit and where in the cfg file should I look to get the jetways to dock to lets say a posky 737 originally made for fs9?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

You can edit the aircraft.cfg file to make any aircraft dock with the default jetway. Mdaskalos had explined it in the following quote.

Quote from mdaskalos

[exits]
number_of_exits=2
//exit_rate.0=0.25
exit.0 = 0.25, 67.5, -8.75, 8.25, 0
exit_rate.1=0.25

I've shot from the hip a bit there, because I'm not at my FSX computer, but those numbers will get you in the ball park. The three numbers in the center are the main one: "67.5" is the "X coordinate" the distance (in feet, apparently) the main exit is forward of a point (perhaps the rear wheels). A bigger number makes the jetway attach further forward on the plane. "-8.75" is the "Y coordinate", the distance left or right of the plane's centerline (negative apparently being left). The jetway WILL go into your plane or stop wide of it depending on this number. "8.25" Is the "Z coordinate", the height above ground the jetway attaches.

I did some playing with the final number at the end, hoping it adjusted the angle at which the jetway attaches (because the body has started its taper to the nose at the main exit of a B777), but I couldn't get it to do anything positive.

I suppose by tinkering with the numbers, you could make the jetway attach to any point on the plane you want. Just park it within the jetway's reach.

Hope this helps

-Orion

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...