CH Throttle Quadrant

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

Does anyone know how to assign the levers on the CH throttle quadrant? I can seem to find anything relating to this in controls, and Ch has been no help, simply sending four pages of computer speak on how to assign the buttons. The levers can't be assigned the same way as far as I can tell as when you place them in a position there's no way to "Click" them to make the changes???

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

When you are in the controls section of FSX you should be able to pull down and select CH Throttle Quadrant by "controller type." Then select the tab that says "control axes." (Note: make sure the throttle quadrant is still the selected device, sometimes it changes when you change tabs.) Now you can assign the different throttles to the different axes on your controller. For example select "engine 1 throttle axis" now move the corresponding throttle on your controller. FSX should recognize it then and program it. However, I found that the default settings worked fine for me and the only thing I programmed was the detent to simulate reverse thrust. In this case you go under the "buttons/keys" section (first make sure the throttle is at idle in the detent) find "throttle reduce quickly" and select. Move the throttle all the way down now and it should recognize that position. Then select about halfway up on the key repeat rate.

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks I'll give it a shot. Right now FSX seems to insist on the Throttle/Throttle Prop/Mixture Mixture/Prop as the default. It will be much more enjoyable if I can get the levers in sequence with the screen.

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks Faust That works like a charm! You were more help then CH as they didn't give me that information, nor did they seem to know or care how to resolve my problem. A round of beer on me at the Stick and Rudder!!! 😀

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

7ECA-Captain wrote:

Thanks Faust That works like a charm! You were more help then CH as they didn't give me that information, nor did they seem to know or care how to resolve my problem. A round of beer on me at the Stick and Rudder!!! 😀

You're welcome. Glad it works. 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...