I remember why i love aviation!

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

Ok as you all know iv been playing WoW but i was watching a youtube video when i wanted to search for aviation and found this

(dead link removed)

then i watched this for no reason

so guess what Blizzard kiss my Ass

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

my story

ok this is how i got to love aviation and fascinated with it

well i was going on vacation to Las Vegas and we had to get there by plane(obviously) and i was so scared since it was my first plane trip and remember i was only like 6 or 5 so when that day i came i was waiting for us to board and i was putting my nose against the glass just looking at the plane because it was so fascinating and when we finally were able to board i got a little optimistic about the flight and when the plane was at cruising altitude i felt invincible and away from the world and nothing could get me and i fell asleep gracefully. after the trip i went home and looked for a toy(remember i was only like 5) and i found a old fischer price jet and played with it for a long time just pretending to takeoff and land and ever since then i was hooked and i wanted to get on a plane whenever i had the chance when i went on vacation.

although not every flight was fun and i will tell you about this scary flight

ok it was like 1 month after 9/11 and a storm had subsided briefly and when we boarded the plane it was dark and stormy then once we got to our cruising altitude then the plane hit strong turbulence and then i had to put up with these annoying college girls who kept screaming at the top of their lungs and me and my bros just looked at my mom like "are we going to crash?" but we made to south Carolina and right when we got off the plane the the president declared war but that wasnt a big deal. the plane we were boarding now to go to florida was delayed because of lightning and we arrived at florida with no problems and when we left the airport waiting for our bus i think the warm florida wind graced my faace.

well i have been on like 8-10 f;ights including departures

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

This is a great topic! Mind if I add to it?

My experience:

When I was a kid, probably about 8 or so, my dad got a wild hair up his bum and decided he wanted to get his private pilot's license. We were of course in Jamaica, and he had to drive two hours from our hometown of Mandeville to Tinson Pen Airstrip in Kingston.

At first mom did not take him seriously, but when he started reading from the big huge book (well it was big to me), and spending nights at the table studying maps with all kinds of lil doohickeys on them, I realized he was for real. He would answer every question I had as if he was a CFI, and in a way I think it helped him learn his ground school lessons.

Of course his first few flights in this aircraft below were without me. (I am not kidding, this is the exact plane he learned in, found a picture on airliners.net)

But as it came closer to the time for him to solo, I asked to go with him, and he got clearance from his CFI to take me with.

You can imagine the euphoria as my dad lifted off with this partially scared, partially excited lil kid in the back seat, watching the ground slip away. The flight was a nice one, going over the Blue Mountains and doing a couple touch and go's at Boscobel Airstrip in Ocho Rios, on the north coast, then back to Tinson Pen. Looking at the Caribbean Sea underneath us as we made deep turns to our vectors thrilled me so much... we were actually FLYING!!! And my dad was taking me literally on the ride of my life!

When we landed... I vowed, I want to do that some day!

From that moment on, I was hooked... I think I read from the big book more than my dad did... and I still have that flight manual somewhere around the house to this day.

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

graet story and your never to old to get your pilots license although im thinking of getting mine during college because if i do make it to dubuque Iowa (the worlds best flight college beside the airforces i guess)

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

That first video clip is awesome, wspexially that helicopter stunt, since I work for a helicopter company I really loved that trick.

BTW, great story there Bel. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

acepilot32 wrote:

Ok as you all know iv been playing WoW but i was watching a youtube video when i wanted to search for aviation and found this

then i watched this for no reason

so guess what Blizzard kiss my Ass

Best vids I've seen in ages!!! Punk
Check out how close the stunt plane (going inverted under the bridge) gets to the boardwalk on the other side! Wicked. You guy's cease to amaze me! Drool

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

i love all of crashman's video`s although there mostly about plane crashes but he makes it looks so good and so perfectly mastered that i cant cease to stop watching his vids

also the flight instructional video is probably the funniest vids iv seen

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...