Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

THANKS TAILHOOK

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

wait it says it can only be played back in FS and not in a media player so whats the point of that? when you have a perfectley good replay thing in FS

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

I saw that earlier too, Poke in Eye i agree.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

acepilot32 wrote:

wait it says it can only be played back in FS and not in a media player so whats the point of that? when you have a perfectley good replay thing in FS

Read the OP again... there was no mention of being able to play back in a media player. FYI I AM aware of the existence of Fraps, ZD Soft Game Recorder and similar programs.
The "...perfectley good replay thing in FS..." is a myth if you do a search in our very own FSX forums.

I'll make two assumptions here:

1* You have never even tried this brilliant module
2* You haven't even read the FEATURES page

I've been using FS Recorder for round about 2 years now. I wouldn't recommend it if I thought it was no good.

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

will it take up much space if i make videos and post them on youtube?

Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

DUH i ment uploading it to youtube and stuff thanks 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Duh... 😳 is anyone actually reading?

I thought we'd established that FS Recorder can only be played back inside FS.

If you want to upload to YouTube, get the Fraps trial version, it's free, though a bit resource hungry. http://www.fraps.com/

Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

Just to say you can also use the software XFire.

http://www.xfire.com/

Its a messaging software like MSN but you cal also take Screenshots and Video's while playing a game. Then upload them to where you want it will save in the folder you with.

Also you can use the messaging part to talk to mates while playing a game aswell.

If you do download it search my name its: morris2007 / Nickname: Morris

(You will need to register) (FREE)

Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

thnaks morris i sent you a freind request 😀

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

Duh... 😳 is anyone actually reading?

I thought we'd established that FS Recorder can only be played back inside FS.

If you want to upload to YouTube, get the Fraps trial version, it's free, though a bit resource hungry. http://www.fraps.com/

Does Fraps record voice from the microphone? I'm a VATSIM member and when I record a flightsim video while talking to ATC, I want to "hear" my voice when seeing the video.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Bran09 wrote:

Im gonna make a thread on this 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

KevinTsai wrote:

Does Fraps record voice from the microphone? I'm a VATSIM member and when I record a flightsim video while talking to ATC, I want to "hear" my voice when seeing the video.

I'm not sure about that Kevin. Obviously Fraps can record all the sounds you would hear through your speakers. Have a look at this picture:

http://www.fraps.com/images/movies.gif

It seems that the 'Sound Device' and the 'Sound Input' preferences can be changed.

I'd say your best bet is just to download the trial version - remember - it is fully functional the only limit you have is the time, I think it's 15 seconds and you 'might' have a banner on your video. But that's all you need to find out what you can and cannot do with Fraps.
I haven't used it for a while but I do remember that installation of Fraps is easy and to use the program seems even easier. Looking at the illustrative pictures now I see that the interface has hardly changed, if at all.
If you find that your own preferences and settings will let you hear your voice, just remember, this won't be the finished product yet as the file size is way to large. You can change the format to .wmv using Windows Movie Maker - it's part of your Operating System.

If you figure out how to record your own voice with Fraps, share your discovery with us, I'm sure others would like to know too.

Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

Bran09 wrote:

Ok Thankyou but my computer in whitch i had XFire installed on has now broken and im useing my dad's slow one 😂 but i dunno when its gonna be fixed.

As soon as it is i will accept your friend request.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

KevinTsai wrote:

I'm not sure about that Kevin. Obviously Fraps can record all the sounds you would hear through your speakers. Have a look at this picture:

http://www.fraps.com/images/movies.gif

It seems that the 'Sound Device' and the 'Sound Input' preferences can be changed.

I'd say your best bet is just to download the trial version - remember - it is fully functional the only limit you have is the time, I think it's 15 seconds and you 'might' have a banner on your video. But that's all you need to find out what you can and cannot do with Fraps.
I haven't used it for a while but I do remember that installation of Fraps is easy and to use the program seems even easier. Looking at the illustrative pictures now I see that the interface has hardly changed, if at all.
If you find that your own preferences and settings will let you hear your voice, just remember, this won't be the finished product yet as the file size is way to large. You can change the format to .wmv using Windows Movie Maker - it's part of your Operating System.

If you figure out how to record your own voice with Fraps, share your discovery with us, I'm sure others would like to know too.

I run on Windows 2000 so I don't have Windows Movie Maker by default. Is there a freeware Windows Movie Maker for my operating system?

Pro Member Trainee
falconxxx Trainee

acepilot32 wrote:

Using FS Recorder with Fraps and Active Camera you can make videos with multiple planes.

[url][/url]

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

KevinTsai wrote:

I run on Windows 2000 so I don't have Windows Movie Maker by default. Is there a freeware Windows Movie Maker for my operating system?

Negative - Windows Movie Maker is not available for Windows 2000. Hovever, there are 3rd party alternatives available which work just as well.

Now... there is no use for us to put the cart before the horse. Get Fraps first, play with it and see if it records your voice -- I thought that was your priority. If you're happy with Fraps, we'll look for a suitable program to compress the files and change the file format.

Pro Member Trainee
Fatall Trainee

IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when you capture a movie
its a really big file.
then i recommend you program thats makes the file smaller.
like winavi is somebody else know a other compression program?

Pro Member Trainee
Flt634 Trainee

Take a look at the Screen Hunter web site. Just google it.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...