Separate Voice from Environment sounds

Pro Member Trainee
SimmerGuy Trainee

I installed a 2nd sound card, actually its a USB sound module. This 2nd sound card makes the Microphone work far better than the built-in sound card on the motherboard.

Then in FSX Sound settings I separated Voice from Environment sounds. I put the voice on the USB sound module and the environment sound was routed to the external surround sound speakers. When I tested it it was great - until I tested the ID on the VOR. The ID and the Autopilot OFF alert tones still stay with the environment sound on the external surround speakers. Can barely hear them when you wear a good cushion headset.

Since these tones originate from the radio stack, I can not imagine them not staying with the voice. Can anyone tell me if this is a Microsoft Goof or am I doing something wrong?

Vann

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...