iMac pc

Pro Member Trainee
sky_caribbean Trainee

Hello,

Can anyone tell me. Is that possible to use the fsx on an apple pc?

Thanks,

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Remy (Remyx) Trainee

If it runs Windows (via bootcamp) it should be possible. Not sure about the performance, that will depend on your Mac hardware.

Under OS X it won't run.

Pro Member Trainee
sky_caribbean Trainee

my imac pc description will be as follow:

Specifications

1GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 1x1GB
320GB Serial ATA Drive
SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Apple Mighty Mouse
Keyboard (English) + Mac OS X (English)
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB memory

Is that going to be fine?

Pro Member Trainee
Remy (Remyx) Trainee

The hardware will be OK, however 1GB will hold you back. 2GB would be better.

Pro Member Trainee
sky_caribbean Trainee

Thanks Remy,
Have bought my pc, but FSX deos not seem to work yet, will wait again to see how I'll solve that problem.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Remyx wrote:

Under OS X it won't run.

You might want to read this: http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43769&page=2

I did a bit of an in-depth search the other day -- there is plenty of info available.

Pro Member Trainee
sky_caribbean Trainee

Thanx guys.

Actually, my fsx work very well with imac via bootcamp, I've intalled window vista, so got two system with my pc. the quality picture is at its best and fast. 😀

Pro Member Trainee
DubbStyle Trainee

I use FSX on a Mac Pro with bootcamp and Widnows XP. It works better on this than on any PC I have played it on. I LOVE IT!!! HA!!! Although I tried and hate XPlane for Mac. I absolutely hate it.

With a passion.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...