SLI

Pro Member Trainee
doubleb Trainee

i've got my 2nd 8800 gts 640mb gfx card arriving on saturday (overclockers £139.00 + vat ). i was wondering if anyone else has got an sli config and was there much improvment on framerate?

BB

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
ColonelJim Trainee

In one of the other "will my computer run" threads (I did a quick scan and didn't find it) another poster was ranting on about Microsoft and made a point that FSX didn't even - couldn't even - take advantage of SLI.

I'm not techie enough to know-yet, but that's what I read, earlier today. It was not a real recent post.

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

Pretty sure any directx app can take advantage of SLI, it's all divided up at the driver level...

AFAIK if you've got your rig set up properly you'll use your nvidia control panel settings to configure it; shouldn't have to touch anything in fsx.

Pro Member First Officer
Llain First Officer

Hi, You can not use SLI for FSX, there have been posts on this forum that if you enable your cards to run in SLI FSX will run slower.
If you bought the second card for FSX then you have been mislead. It is unlikely that microsoft will bring out a service pack to enable this as it would require alot of the FSX code to be rewritten.
The next version of FS will likely be able to take advantage of 2 cards, will lets hope so. There are other games that will use SLI so all is not lost.

If you do not play other games then you could always put your 2nd card on ebay it would sell no problem.
I have the same card you are getting and it a excellent card. but to really get your FPS up you need a good dual core or Quad core tp go with it.
I only have a Pentium D 3.4ghz which is ok but not great flying over high density areas.

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

hehe, i need to learn to shut up when i don't know what i'm talking about Embarassed

Pro Member Trainee
doubleb Trainee

although i havent checked the fps - the 2nd card has increased the speed. i had the settings on "almost max" before i installed the 2nd card and it was stuttering a lot. it is very smooth now and when i use track-ir there is no lag etc. deff worth the upgrade..

BB

ps crysis runs like a dream to

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

Here comes my second GTX 😀

Pro Member Trainee
PhilTaylor Trainee

Traches wrote:

Pretty sure any directx app can take advantage of SLI, it's all divided up at the driver level...

AFAIK if you've got your rig set up properly you'll use your nvidia control panel settings to configure it; shouldn't have to touch anything in fsx.

You are correct, see http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007/03/03/fsx-more-on-sli-and-multi-core.aspx

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

Thanks for 'breaking it down' for us Phil 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...