Saving aircraft folder for reinstallation later?

Pro Member Trainee
renesis Trainee

Hi,

Like probably many of you, my aircraft folder is massive with add-on's and AI aircraft. But, recently I had a problem with my computer which required a complete reinstallation of windows xp. With this I lost all of my meticulous fs work.

I'm particularly concerned about my AI aircraft as many of these were manually added over months, (my payware add-on's can easily be reinstalled) and the aircraft .cfg files manually updated. I wonder if next time I could "save" these aircraft folders/files along with the coresponding .bgl traffic files and just paste them in next time I have to reinstall fs9?

Otherwise is there a better way of preserving your painstaking work in the event that you need to unstall fs?

Cheers

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Put the folders onto a blank disk, uninsall, install, then add the aircrafts from your disk 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...