Engine Start

Pro Member First Officer
eyton402 First Officer

Just recently whenever I select an aircraft the engines are always shut down and I have to start them using Control E. All aircraft are the same. Sometimes they will start using Control E sometimes not. I must have ticked/junticked a box somehow.
Any advice would be appreciated. Im using xp.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

Some people actually prefer to start ' cold and dark ', but for what its worth, after starting your engines, save your flight, and everytime you restart they should be on, hope i've got that right. 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

As Warlord40 said - it sounds like you saved a flight as your default with engines off. I think that all the default a/c can be started with Ctrl-E, but not all addons can.

Easiest solution might be to start a flight in the default C172 - it's pretty easy to start the engine, just a couple of clicks. Once the engine is started, change to your favourite plane and save that as your default flight. But you could also learn the "cold and dark" procedures for your preferred planes. That can be interesting.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...