FSX time

Pro Member First Officer
walesdragon First Officer

Well, since I've got my computer up and running thanks to some really good friends, I'm now going over the the FSX SIDE. FS2004 is awesome but I'm giving FSX a shot now and I will play FS2004 from time to time and try to enter as many screenshot comps as I can. Anyway, just informing ya! ;D

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Your going over to the DARK SIDE Wales......

COME BACK!

😂 Look forward to see some awesome FSX pics from yea now then...
Well i guess i cant complain... Il be getting my new Dell comp soon and then moving over to FSX 😀

Pro Member First Officer

morris91 wrote:

COME BACK!

Well i guess i cant complain... Il be getting my new Dell comp soon and then moving over to FSX 😀

Lol, the dark side! XD

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

He'll be back. I give him a month...

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

COME! THE LIGHT SIDE WILL PREVAIL.

Pro Member Trainee
kin3 Trainee

Welcome to the enlightened side young one.

Pro Member Trainee
Air-Head Trainee

kin3 wrote:

Welcome to the enlightened side young one.

I am just waiting for FS11. I own a copy of FSX, decided to uninstall it.

Its a step backwards on my machine, I cant run the graphics anywhere near maxed out, and only half my FS9 addons are available for FSX so far.

I see no reason to make the jump when FS9 is working the way I want it too on my current machine. When I upgrade machine it will hopefully coincide with FS11 and the replacement O/S for that horrible Vista.

😀

Pro Member First Officer

I can run FSX with ultra high graphics, but I get REALLY BAD frame-rates. I have a fantastic video card: 8800 Ultra, thanks to my awesome buddy! (I'm not sure why they even call it a card, It's more like an electrical brick!") I'm planning to get 3 Extra GB of RAM so that FSX will run smoothly but fs9 is working perfectly and I get wonderful performance at maxed out graphics. If Only I knew how to smooth the outlines of buildings and planes.

Pro Member Trainee
Air-Head Trainee

walesdragon wrote:

I can run FSX with ultra high graphics, but I get REALLY BAD frame-rates. I have a fantastic video card: 8800 Ultra, thanks to my awesome buddy! (I'm not sure why they even call it a card, It's more like an electrical brick!") I'm planning to get 3 Extra GB of RAM so that FSX will run smoothly but fs9 is working perfectly and I get wonderful performance at maxed out graphics. If Only I knew how to smooth the outlines of buildings and planes.

An extra 3 Gig of RAM.. are you running Vista? I think XP maxes out of RAM at around 4 doesnt it? I am sure I read that you already had 2 Gig.

But hopefully the frame rates issue will be solved with FS11. Its pretty insane the way that FSX just wont run maxed and return good frame rates even on decent/high spec machines....

Pro Member First Officer

Nah, man. I have 1 GB of RAM.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

walesdragon wrote:

Nah, man. I have 1 GB of RAM.

Get some more RAM, another gig maybe. 😉

Pro Member First Officer

Yeah, I'm planning to get at least 3GB of RAM all together.

Pro Member First Officer
Westernstyle First Officer

walesdragon wrote:

morris91 wrote:

COME BACK!

Lol, the dark side! XD

I still manage to get 15fps out of my LAPTOP i got 30gb on in it, plus 250 extra on my external hardrive. now really, i get rarely 100fps on fs9. me? on a laptop? Lol 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...