Trying to find a flight sim for a psychology study

FireWraith Guest

Hello all,

I am a complete novice when it comes to flight sims, so I'm hoping that someone here will be able to help me.

I need to design a psychology study that investigates how well people judge airplane direction/distance/trajectory in different lighting conditions. I need to test how well an observer on the ground can tell which direction a plane is going and if it is on a collision course with another plane.

We tried bringing people to an airfield while planes flew around, but there just wasn't enough control and the results had a lot of noise in them. This is why I'm turning to a simulator.

So I'm looking for a flight sim that has as many of the following features as possible.

- Fixed ground view (something that simulates a person standing on the ground looking up at a plane in the sky).

- Don't know if this exists, but some sort of AI scripting where you can designate a flight path. If not, I'll just have to do the flight path manually.

- The ability to have multiple planes in the same instance, whether that's multiple AI or 2 people playing together over a network.

- Adjustable time of day (day/dusk/night) and preferably some lights on the plane for the nighttime scenario.

- An in-game video recording feature would be great, but I think I can work around it if there isn't one.

If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations for flight sims that may be of use to accomplish what I'm looking for, it would be greatly appreciated. I really have no idea how to even start my search for this.

Thanks in advance.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Carlin Trainee

you could try FSX:

FireWraith wrote:

-Fixed ground view (something that simulates a person standing on the ground looking up at a plane in the sky).

that wold be "tower view"

FireWraith wrote:

- Don't know if this exists, but some sort of AI scripting where you can designate a flight path. If not, I'll just have to do the flight path manually.

not shore but I think there may be one

FireWraith wrote:

- The ability to have multiple planes in the same instance, whether that's multiple AI or 2 people playing together over a network.

there is a multi-player mode

FireWraith wrote:

- Adjustable time of day (day/dusk/night) and preferably some lights on the plane for the nighttime scenario.

yep and all the default planes have lights

FireWraith wrote:

- An in-game video recording feature would be great, but I think I can work around it if there isn't one.

thats there to

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...