Game Crash when Accessing Kneeboard

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

So this problem only reared-its-ugly-head in the past 2 weeks or so, and i'm fairly certain not even after any changes to FS. When I set up my flight plans the system is usually okay, but as soon as I sit down in the 737NG cockpit to program the FMC my problems start. I usually open up the kneeboard and use the nav info to program in all the way points, but as soon as I click on anything in the kneeboard (scroll button, main text, anything), a black screen shows up and the processer just starts thinking. It never responds back, so I usually have to just ctrl-alt-delete the system. The problem isn't just in the 737NG, but in ALL planes and ALL kneeboard settings. Can anyone diagnose?

I'm fairly certain this isn't a video driver issue, because it was a problem before AND after my driver update.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If your running RoboForm, or WindowBlinds dump them and all should be ok.
Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

I thank you for your prompt replies radar man, I don't think you get thanked enough for letting everyone know that yes someone is listening.

But sadly I don't run either of those programs. I'm anticipating having to re-install flight sim, but we all know how long that takes, especially re-installing all of those add-ons!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Wall Bashing Stumped!

Don't lose your add-ons, move the folder to another place, desktop.
If you've added anything in the past few days, that might be the cause of the problem. If not then move your gauge and effects folders also.
Back up the new ones if you move the old ones back into the sim

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...