FSX and FS2004 on Vista 64 ?

Pro Member Trainee
airwolfe Trainee

I was thinking of adding FS2004 to my Vista 64 machine in order to use the PMDG 737-800. Right now I am using FSX and the only add on is the 737PIC which is nice, but doesn't look like it can hold a candle to the PMDG. I will add the PMDG NG? to FSX whenever it comes out. In the meantime can I add FS2004 to the same machine without uninstalling FSX ? Thanks !

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

airwolfe wrote:

In the meantime can I add FS2004 to the same machine without uninstalling FSX ? Thanks !

Absolutely.

The only thing you cannot do is RUN both sims simultaneously.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

airwolfe wrote:

I was thinking of adding FS2004 to my Vista 64 machine in order to use the PMDG 737-800. Right now I am using FSX and the only add on is the 737PIC which is nice, but doesn't look like it can hold a candle to the PMDG. I will add the PMDG NG? to FSX whenever it comes out. In the meantime can I add FS2004 to the same machine without uninstalling FSX ? Thanks !

You sure can. I am with Vista 64, so there is no reason why you can't!
PS: Welcome back Tailhook 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks Cheeks 🍻

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

I was told you should partition your drive so FSX doesnt bleed over into FS9, and that if you removed FSX on a system with FS9 on same HD it will take FS9 along with it in the delete

Pro Member Trainee
airwolfe Trainee

Thanks for the info !

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...