A321 Joystick Error

Pro Member Trainee
ehuang6 Trainee

How come the A321 is so hard to control above 200ft. When it's below that altitude, the aircraft operates exactly like a Boeing, but above the altitude, I have to wait like 5 seconds before it responds to my command on the joystick.

Please let me know how to fix this problem.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

...pilot error -- or, my guess is you saved a flight, made it your default flight and now the settings from that saved flight control your 321. Try deleting your saved flights and see if the problem persists.

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

No..No..

On overhead panel top right corner, second row down. Its the fly-by-wire controls, turn off all four, or go into the A231's aircraft.cfg and find

wire

It should say something about Fly By Wire, if it is 1, make it 0, or vise versa.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Raz those four switches are OFF by default. I doubt that he messed with those without knowing what they're for. Same goes for the "fly_by_wire = 1" in the aircraft.cfg.
If ehuang6 is new to this business he'll have a hard time finding the .cfg in the first place let alone edit it.

Pro Member First Officer

Oh yes, they're suppsoted to be on. Its FTL CTRL I believe. Let me get a pic

Pro Member First Officer
Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Hey Raz, I have two questions for you?

1) What does those switches do or don't do?

2) How did you get that FMC, that's not part of the 321 in FSX is it?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...