Already activated but can't install expansion pack..

Pro Member Trainee
maxboost7 Trainee

it's werid.. mine is activated with SP1 but when i tried to install expansion pack, it shows pop up message "you must activate fsx before install expansion..." any idea??? mine is already activated..

thanks

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

maxboost7 wrote:

it's werid.. mine is activated with SP1 but when i tried to install expansion pack, it shows pop up message "you must activate fsx before install expansion..." any idea??? mine is already activated..

thanks

Expansion Pack... are we talking 'Acceleration'? I'm pretty sure Acceleration contains SP1 and thus it is likely that you have to uninstall SP1 BEFORE you install Acceleration.
The pop-up messages you get in Windows OS can be very misleading or simply wrong. The priority is always to read the instructions thoroughly and follow them to the letter. This will often banish the silly pop-up messages.

Pro Member Trainee
maxboost7 Trainee

yeah.. when i turn on FSX.. It's fully activated.. all the options are available.. but funny how, when i tried to install acceleration pack.. It says "I need to activate FSX before the installation..." I've tried to re-install everything which took me over 40min.. but still does same...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If your going to uninstall and reinstall follow this.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/3805/

SP1 and SP2 are included in Acceleration.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...