AI helicopter

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

I recently down-loaded the “elvis_sikorsky_s-76” AI helicopter from Avsim, along with a few repaints. I used Ttools to implement a simple flight plan where the helo (in Donald Trump livery) would successfully execute an out and back flight, about fifteen minutes. The problem with it is that it taxis from and to a normal parking spot at the airport. It takes off and lands as a helicopter should. What I would like to have it do is depart and arrive from/to a helicopter pad. My question is, does anyone know of a way to stop the taxiing and have it maneuver like a real helicopter? Surely there must be a “trick” that can be used with AFCAD or some other method to accomplish this. Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, today is my seventieth birthday. Maybe I’m just too old for this stuff!!!

Thanks in advance … Art

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Happy Birthday Art Group Wave , you're a young un yet 😀 !
Now to this question, i'm sorry but i don't have a clue, but there must be a way as the Alphasim Belleau Wood has AI helos that land and take off from spots on the deck. Sorry i could'nt be more help! 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Happy Birthday Art!

We are all celebrating with you

Like Welshflyer I don't have an answer to your question Embarassed gee, we're a bunch of losers 😛
All I can offer is a look at David "Opa" Marshall's stenheli.zip--with your ability to find a needle in a haystack you might just glimpse a clue to help us solve the puzzle. If you don't, you can still enjoy chasing one of the AI helicopters and land on that awfully small boat on the big H 😀

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

Thanks guys. You two, and some others on this site, as well as the sim, keep my mind active. Maybe I can hang around for a few more years. Thanks for the link TH. I shall peruse it with my handy dandy magnifying glass and see what I can find. I think we all owe a lot to Mr. “Opa" for all of his hints and tricks, and I, for one, thank him too.

Best regards ... Art

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...