Thrown out the sky

Pro Member Trainee
CallumH239 Trainee

Ok so I was doing a flight from KBOS to KPHL I put stormy weather on. I was about 29,000ft I looked at the t.v then looked back at the screen and my plane was taking a dive a very steep one. I managed to keep it undercontroll and landed at KORN and saved my Air florida virtual airlines passengers lol. Anyone know what the prob was? I had crash off and stress off too.

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Westernstyle First Officer

Did you happen to check your speed? that happened to me while i walked to the bathroom. It stalled, and i killed everyone on board Delta Airlines 438 , a 737-800 going to Melbourne Florida from Atlanta. R I P virtual friends 😞

Pro Member Trainee
CallumH239 Trainee

Speed umm no By the time I looked back she was at a diffrent speed. r.i.p Virtual friends 😂

Pro Member First Officer
Westernstyle First Officer

Were you climbing?, some times at high altitudes the aircraft speed reduces, meaning a climb of 1800 feet a minute causes problems.

Pro Member Trainee
CallumH239 Trainee

Yeah I was ever so slightly tho.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Westernstyle wrote:

Were you climbing?, some times at high altitudes the aircraft speed reduces, meaning a climb of 1800 feet a minute causes problems.

At 30,000 ft. your VS should be around 1000-1300 ft/min the most if not less, depending on the aurcraft weight.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Maybe one of the virtual passengers virtually walked into the virtual cockpit and virtually turned off the AP?
Sorry I couldnt resist lol.
PS: Welcome back Vegas, long time no see!

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

Dont watch TV TV, bad, bathroom bad.

Pro Member Trainee
Flt634 Trainee

When flying with autopilot on, you have to adjust your baromiter when you change the weather in flight. Other wise your altitude will be way off and you'll make a mad dive for the ground.

Pro Member Trainee
Air-Head Trainee

Oh thats happened to me a few times.. The strangest was while playing with the yaw damper button in a Lear. I turned it on and off a few times. To see if it did anything. I noticed it made the plane twitch. I tried it again and the next thing the sim rolls to the left and dives. Couldn't do a thing but crash. I have no idea if it was related to me playing around with the control, or wether it was some kind of software glitch with the controller. As afterwards I noticed the Saiteks controller had the rudder permanently hard-over. STRANGE!

Pro Member First Officer
Hongming Zheng (jianqing) First Officer

I don't seem to have these!!!

Pro Member First Officer
Hongming Zheng (jianqing) First Officer

😳

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...