FS2004 Sukhoi Su-31, Silver & Gold

Pro Member Trainee
Anthony Pagano (paggss) Trainee

I downloaded this plane, installed it then tried to use it. As the plane loaded it got halfway loaded and then the system shut down. I tried to start is again and it did the same thing. I then tried to load another plane and it did the same thing. I had to un install it and re install to solve the problem. Anyone else have this problem? 😞

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

paggss wrote:

I downloaded this plane, installed it then tried to use it. As the plane loaded it got halfway loaded and then the system shut down. I tried to start is again and it did the same thing. I then tried to load another plane and it did the same thing. I had to un install it and re install to solve the problem. Anyone else have this problem? 😞

I can only guess what happened as I had no problem at all.. but then I'm familiar with the name Mark "Fire Ball" Rooks.
My suggestion, whenever you see his name attached to any file... RUUUN!!! He hasn't got a clue what he's doing and causes many people a lot of pain.

This particular .zip file contains not one but two sub-folders with the same name ie "Su-31 Silver and Gold". If you install the wrong one of those two you're in trouble, it's as simple as that. You must install the one that includes other sub-folders: Model, Panel, Sound, Texture plus the aircraft.cfg and the AIR File.

There is also the possibility that if you have a fairly fresh installation of FS2004 you might be missing some gauges which the original author of the aircraft assumes you already have. However, if you miss one of those gauges it could cause your sim to crash.

Mark Rooks should point out these things in the extra ReadMe files he tends to add, but as I said, he hasn't got a clue.

Pro Member First Officer
honuala First Officer

i hate people like that i had my fs running top shape....then i install some peace of crap plane and then i couldnt run any flights in admin mode....but it would work in regular"vista user" so what did i have to do....uninstall everything redownload all my ai and crap and start all over again.......damn rookies 😳 okay my vent is done sorry and thanks..... 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Haha you put it so nicely honuala but you're surely aware that your major problem is Vista! Ha Ha

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...