Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Dornier Do-31

Mrki

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:50 am 

Does anyone know where i can get a Dornier Do-31. I cant seem to find one.
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:44 pm 

There were only 3 experimental built so I guess there isn't much interest in making them for the flight sim.

Here are all we have, some FSX are included in the search...sorry.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/search/?q=+Dornier+Do-31

Radar

Welker

Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:56 pm 

I am a FS-Addon designer (use "welker" as search key) but no 3D-modeller. Therefore I contacted the famous Kazunori Ito and asked him if he would be interested to create a FSX Dornier Do-31. He said this is a good idea and it will be his next project. I told him also that I took photographs of the Do-31 cockpit in the Deutsche Museum in Munich and sent him my complete photorealistic 2D-panel. I hope Kazunori Ito will make this project true. I guess, if he allready began to build the Do-31than it will be available in summer 2014 at Flightsim.com and Simviation.com and maybe also here at Fly Away.
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:50 pm 

Welker wrote:
I am a FS-Addon designer (use "welker" as search key) but no 3D-modeller. Therefore I contacted the famous Kazunori Ito and asked him if he would be interested to create a FSX Dornier Do-31. He said this is a good idea and it will be his next project. I told him also that I took photographs of the Do-31 cockpit in the Deutsche Museum in Munich and sent him my complete photorealistic 2D-panel. I hope Kazunori Ito will make this project true. I guess, if he allready began to build the Do-31than it will be available in summer 2014 at Flightsim.com and Simviation.com and maybe also here at Fly Away.

Good for you, that's taking the initiative.
I hope it works out.

Radar

Mrki

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:04 pm 

Kazunori Ito, I hope and that will be the FS-2004
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:17 pm 

Mrki wrote:
Kazunori Ito, I hope and that will be the FS-2004

He's very good but does mostly military.

Radar

Mrki

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:52 pm 

I hope that is not the problem, it is difficult to make because vertical take-off, brilliant Flights. I'd like it for fs 2004.
Erwin Welker

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:54 pm 

In May I informed you guys that I got in contact with Kazunori Ito and he was interested in building the Dornier Do-31 as his next project.
Bad news: After that I've got no more information from him. It is supposed that he has health problems.
Good news: In June I bought FSDS 3.5 and I was really eager to learn 3D-modelling. My first project was a Blohm&Voss 4-engine floatplane. It has no gear and this is an advantage for a beginner. My second model is a ship, a extremly detailed America's Cup racing cutter from the 30th. Then followed the german WWII tanks Tiger and Panther. With this models I trained the method of parent child relation because at the beginning I did not understand that. But for a VTOL aircraft animations are a must. And now I have built the Do-31E3, the one and only VTOL-flying version, now displayed in the Deutsche Museum Munich, just 70 km from my hometown. I took the chance to make many photographs, even from the cockpit and the result is a photorealistic FS-model with a photorealistic cockpit and cargo room. The bird has 55 moving parts and an excellent flight handling.

Where to get the Do-31?
Only at Flightsim.com and Simviation.com. You will find all my work with the search key "welker"

Have fun

Erwin