Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Dornier Do-31

Mrki Guest

Does anyone know where i can get a Dornier Do-31. I cant seem to find one.

7 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

There were only 3 experimental built so I guess there isn't much interest in making them for the flight sim.

Here are all we have, some FSX are included in the search...sorry.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/search/?q=+Dornier+Do-31

Radar

Welker Guest

I am a FS-Addon designer (use "welker" as search key) but no 3D-modeller. Therefore I contacted the famous Kazunori Ito and asked him if he would be interested to create a FSX Dornier Do-31. He said this is a good idea and it will be his next project. I told him also that I took photographs of the Do-31 cockpit in the Deutsche Museum in Munich and sent him my complete photorealistic 2D-panel. I hope Kazunori Ito will make this project true. I guess, if he allready began to build the Do-31than it will be available in summer 2014 at Flightsim.com and Simviation.com and maybe also here at Fly Away.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Welker wrote:

I am a FS-Addon designer (use "welker" as search key) but no 3D-modeller. Therefore I contacted the famous Kazunori Ito and asked him if he would be interested to create a FSX Dornier Do-31. He said this is a good idea and it will be his next project. I told him also that I took photographs of the Do-31 cockpit in the Deutsche Museum in Munich and sent him my complete photorealistic 2D-panel. I hope Kazunori Ito will make this project true. I guess, if he allready began to build the Do-31than it will be available in summer 2014 at Flightsim.com and Simviation.com and maybe also here at Fly Away.

Good for you, that's taking the initiative.
I hope it works out.

Radar

Mrki Guest

Kazunori Ito, I hope and that will be the FS-2004

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Mrki wrote:

Kazunori Ito, I hope and that will be the FS-2004

He's very good but does mostly military.

Radar

Mrki Guest

I hope that is not the problem, it is difficult to make because vertical take-off, brilliant Flights. I'd like it for fs 2004.

Erwin Welker Guest

In May I informed you guys that I got in contact with Kazunori Ito and he was interested in building the Dornier Do-31 as his next project.
Bad news: After that I've got no more information from him. It is supposed that he has health problems.
Good news: In June I bought FSDS 3.5 and I was really eager to learn 3D-modelling. My first project was a Blohm&Voss 4-engine floatplane. It has no gear and this is an advantage for a beginner. My second model is a ship, a extremly detailed America's Cup racing cutter from the 30th. Then followed the german WWII tanks Tiger and Panther. With this models I trained the method of parent child relation because at the beginning I did not understand that. But for a VTOL aircraft animations are a must. And now I have built the Do-31E3, the one and only VTOL-flying version, now displayed in the Deutsche Museum Munich, just 70 km from my hometown. I took the chance to make many photographs, even from the cockpit and the result is a photorealistic FS-model with a photorealistic cockpit and cargo room. The bird has 55 moving parts and an excellent flight handling.

Where to get the Do-31?
Only at Flightsim.com and Simviation.com. You will find all my work with the search key "welker"

Have fun

Erwin