cheap laptop to play fs9

Pro Member Trainee
SK8Z27 Trainee

i'm just looking to get a laptop in the $500-$600 range. there are a lot of laptops, but don't know what to look for. i'm not using it as my main computer, so spending more is not an option. anybody have experience playing fs9 on a less expensive laptop? i'm not looking to max the settings, but play it in medium if possible.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Westernstyle First Officer

My laptop runs 30 frames FS2004 maxed- Dell Latitude D610. 310$- 500$

Pro Member Trainee
SK8Z27 Trainee

http://www.clearanceclub.com/products/9503-VAIO-VGN-AR730E-B-17-0-Notebook-2-1GHz-Core-2-Duo-T8100-3GB-RAM-320GB-HDD-Blu-Ray-Vista-Home-Premium?ad_ref=x611froogle

i found this for sale in my area for $650. it's used, but just wondering if these specs look good. i googled it and it seems like a good multimedia laptop, but not sure how it would play fs9.

Pro Member First Officer

Yes, it can run fs2004 on high without trouble. 😀 (that is without payware things)

Pro Member Trainee
SK8Z27 Trainee

I also found this one very cheap online, around $550. Would this play fs9 and for that matter how would fsX do on it?

HP Pavilion dv9700t Entertainment-centric notebook PC OEM with 17-inch screen and 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 processor
4GB DDR, 500GB hard drives, LightScribe DVD-/+RW burner
Connectivity: 4 USB, 1 FireWire, 1 VGA, 1 S-Video, expansion port 3 connector, ExpressCard 54/34, 5-in-1 memory card reader
Quad-mode Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n), 10/100 Ethernet, Nvidia GeForce 8600M video card w/WEBCAM
Pre-installed with 64-bit Windows Vista Home Premium

Pro Member First Officer

Im not sure, im not a real Expert on computers (yet!). Radarman can answer that for you, or other people with computer expirience.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

SK8Z27 wrote:

I also found this one very cheap online, around $550. Would this play fs9 and for that matter how would fsX do on it?

HP Pavilion dv9700t Entertainment-centric notebook PC OEM with 17-inch screen and 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 processor
4GB DDR, 500GB hard drives, LightScribe DVD-/+RW burner
Connectivity: 4 USB, 1 FireWire, 1 VGA, 1 S-Video, expansion port 3 connector, ExpressCard 54/34, 5-in-1 memory card reader
Quad-mode Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n), 10/100 Ethernet, Nvidia GeForce 8600M video card w/WEBCAM
Pre-installed with 64-bit Windows Vista Home Premium

Wow, that seems really good (for a laptop). One thing, processor. But its a laptop, im not sure how a 2.1GHz Processor will go, but other than that, good specs! 😉

Pro Member Trainee
SK8Z27 Trainee

well, after meeting the guy to buy the hp i turned it on to check the specs and it was not at all the computer he listed. he didn't know too much about it and listed the intel version of the same computer. it was an amd turion x2 tl-60. i just remembered reading the the amd's ran hotter then the intel duo core 2's. it also had a cheaper ati graphics card with shared memory. i ended up getting the sony vaio. i will update once i've loaded up fs9. it still seems to have good specs, but i guess it's a "replacement" laptop. i've been out of the laptop game for a while and i guess they're making laptops now to take the place of desktops, it's freakin' huge.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...