Real Environment Extreme

Pro Member Trainee
Splitdog Trainee

Anyone checked it out yet?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

No, but I hear the application is buggy...

Pro Member Trainee
timest Trainee

I guess it's best left to our customers to describe:

Date Added: Sunday 11 January, 2009

This has to be the best FSX addon out there for clouds, wave animation, taxiway and runway textures! It is very user friendly and i have absolutely no idea how I flew without it!! 5 out of 5 defiantly!!

Rating: 5 of 5 Stars! [5 of 5 Stars!]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date Added: Sunday 28 December, 2008

REX has transformed my FSX experience. The incredible realism of the cloud formations and water effects has to be seen to believe. I thought Active Sky and Xgraphics were good until now. I particulary like the tropical "haze" effect towards the horizon when flying out of my old favourite location of St Maarten in the Netherlands Antilles. My FPS have actually improved with the 4096 cloud resolution and DXT5 setting recommended to start with. Read the manual carefully when installing and make sure to adjust the _Protocol_, _Address_, and _Port_ elements of the xml file with the same fields set in the SimConnect.cfg file. In 25 years of flight simming REX is probably the best add on I have purchased.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date Added: Sunday 28 December, 2008

If you like FSX then this is a must!!!I wont fly without REX turned on.Cloud formations are so real,and its great to see the coral reefs in the oceans when you fly over them.

Date Added: Tuesday 23 December, 2008

The program si awesome, weather & flight plan engine provides useful information. However, i have a very very good machine, and sometimes the FPS are not too "friendly". Note that iusually like to run things all MAXED out so maybe that might be one of the reasons. However, the graphix are amazing and it was worth the wait. Buy it is awesome !

Rating: 4 of 5 Stars! [4 of 5 Stars!]

Date Added: Saturday 20 December, 2008

There are two things that I have purchased to date that have truly exponentialy increased the emersion of Microsofts Flight Simulator the first is the trackIR, and the second is Real Environment Xtreme. This is the best software add on for FSX. Absolutely worth every penny of the price.

Date Added: Monday 15 December, 2008

A must have for every serious computer pilot. The most fun I have ever had with FSX is with this add-on.

Date Added: Tuesday 09 December, 2008

I like REX, because it's the first addon, witch shows clouds as in nature. It's beautiful to fly in the sky with all the clouds and the sun reflecting seawater under.

Date Added: Sunday 07 December, 2008

This is one of the most worthy addon I'v ever bought. galaxy of options. chose your own theme and even adjust the hue of those colorful textures. the shallow water looks like real when I compare real world video. and Frame rate friendly. it will be a landmark of FS afer some bugs are resolved.

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

I hear it's pretty much gorgeous, and it looks that way from the shots i've seen. Can't afford it atm though 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
papab Trainee

ollyau wrote:

No, but I hear the application is buggy...

This is by far the BEST program I have ever purchased for FSX!!!!

Buggy you say??? I do not think so-Every new program has a growing period. The folks at REX are the most responsive to questions an issues...

If you want to change your flying experience and make FSX an exciting hobby again invest a mere $40 and you will get the following.
You decide after you see my screen shots that come staright from the "V" key...

Last edited by papab on Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
Splitdog Trainee

What does it do to frame rates?

Pro Member Trainee
papab Trainee

I have mine locked at 30 FPS
I get a constant 28/30

Smooth as silk-...

Pro Member Trainee
Splitdog Trainee

Water shots! 😎

Pro Member Trainee
nyguy72000 Trainee

Downloading manually from the website IS buggy. I know from personal experience. Glad I purchased the DVD w/ it. I should be getting it in 2 weeks. As you can probably tell from the above, I'm not computer-savy! How do you set the frame rate per second on FSX? Also, is it me or are the graphics sharper on FS9 than FSX? Just thought I'd throw that one out there.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...