error installing real environment pro 1.0

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

Hi,

I am trying to install the Real Environment Pro but i constantly get an error saying some .ocx file is not registered properly....I use windows xp 64 bit edition and have even formatted my machine and done a clean install of FS 9.0 and updated it to 9.1.

Any ideas???

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer

just to give some more information:

1) when i select to back up existing texture it gives an error "Mscomctl.ocx and its dependencies are not correctly registered"

2) when i select to install the selected textures it popups a box saying "An error occured"

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

This appears to be an ActiveX control, I'll see whether I have this one on my machine.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Found it... it's inside my system32 folder. What it does and whether it is supposed to be there is a mystery. I would run an Error Check first and look at the results.

Pro Member First Officer

hi tailhook,

i searched in the system32 folder.But i could not find any such file...
Would just putting this file in the folder work?BTW i do not have this file...
Or is it that I need to install anything else before?What is the error check that you are talking about???

Thanx in advance

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

to_coolguys wrote:

hi tailhook,

i searched in the system32 folder.But i could not find any such file...
Would just putting this file in the folder work?BTW i do not have this file...
Or is it that I need to install anything else before?What is the error check that you are talking about???

Thanx in advance

Ok, first a better way of finding a file is to do a search: Start / Search / All files and folders / ...in the top Search Bar enter the name of the file, klick on Search. If you have it, it will show up.

Oops! I've only just noticed that you're running XP 64bit.

I'm not familiar with 64 but since you just said that you do have a system32 folder I assume that 64 can also handle applications written for our old 32bit systems Umm... ...yes, this makes sense.

Now the file in question Mscomctl.ocx is a Windows Common Controls ActiveX Control DI File version: 6.1.95.45 - looking at all its Properties I'm pretty sure it's actually part of the OS rather than of an add-on or another application. If my assumption is correct, then you probably need this file. (If you don't have it I can upload it for you.)

Now to the Error Check. Go: Start / My Computer, right-click on Local Disk [C:], select Properties, select the Tools Tab, click on Check Now... and make sure the two little Check Boxes are checked. Click on Start and get the knitting needles out. This can take a while.
I have never found an Error though I run this Check frequently just to be sure.

All right, let's see how you're getting on Hack 😂 😂

Pro Member First Officer

hey i did search as mentioned by you.But in vain.Further I do not know whether your file would be of any use as I am using a 64 bit OS..Finally I went ahead and purchased Flight Environment 3.0 and I am enjoying it...
Hey Tailhook *THANKS* for your kind help....

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I'm glad Flight Environment 3.0 is to your liking and you've got it up and running 🍻

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...