missing panel in 2d view

Pro Member Trainee
airwolfe Trainee

When I am in the 2D cockpit view I am missing the panel ! When I start up my flight I am in the virtual cockpit by default... when I switch to 2D I can still see the runway, but the instruments are gone (just a black rectangle there) and the cursor/mouse pointer flickers between the pointer and the hour glass.... it stays like that too, no matter what view I go to from there.

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

airwolfe wrote:

When I am in the 2D cockpit view I am missing the panel ! When I start up my flight I am in the virtual cockpit by default... when I switch to 2D I can still see the runway, but the instruments are gone (just a black rectangle there) and the cursor/mouse pointer flickers between the pointer and the hour glass.... it stays like that too, no matter what view I go to from there.

Now if you tell me that I need to search for a missing pilot and deliver apples in order to awaken the faculty of clairvoyance in my mind in order to be of assistance... I give up.

Of course you also have the option to take the time and put in the effort and reveal your secrets... such as: Aircraft type, payware, freeware, which file library, file name, bought or pirated... some info at least.

You might not know this but cars, buses and various other vehicles and YES, even ships that are available for FSX have 2D cockpit views -- some work, some are faulty. Yes

Pro Member Trainee
airwolfe Trainee

My bad. I am using stock FSX on XP. No upgrades addons besides SP 1 and 2 for FSX.

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

Try Shift+1

You may have turned off your instrument panel view.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

...reveal your secrets... such as: Aircraft type, payware, freeware, which file library, file name, bought or pirated... some info at least.

Obviously time wasted:

My bad. I am using stock FSX on XP. No upgrades addons besides SP 1 and 2 for FSX.

Doh!

Pro Member Trainee
Spyah Trainee

same problem here , allready know the asnwer?

i tried old drivers , with or without sp's , nothing matters ...

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

So, don't use 2D, that's cheating. Any PURIST will agree!

I can replicate your complaint. In 2-D the "panel" is a mouse clickable box. I can hook it and move it around the screen or off to another monitor. Shift + 1 also replicates the panel on top of any existing view. In 2-D, cycling the "w" key blanks the panel, then replaces it with only flight instruments, then back to background sky and panel.

To get back to a 2D view you like;
try un- shift + 1
cycling "w" key

You may have hooked the panel and dragged it out of the field of view!

Pro Member Trainee
Spyah Trainee

No offence , but i do know about shift-1 and the w key... and i do fly with 3d cockpit often , with triplehead and track-ir.

I've been flying a pretty while you know...

the thing is i want to use the 2d panel so i can set the controls where i want them , like with the level-d 767 i can just have the mcp at the botom of my screen for example .

This all because i have a triplehead setup, and wanna build the complete cockpit infront of my monitors . so the monitors will be only my windscreen.
i belief that will be a more realistic expirience then 3d cockpit. but no matter how i fly , anybody should do what they like , i just want my flightsim to work properly.

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Assuming triplehead denotes a 3 monitor setup ( don't know what track-ir is). The 2D panel has been positioned off the available display areas.

Here I've hooked and dragged the 2D panel down and right. If I were to exit the flight, FSX will remember where I put the panel. If I can't see a portion of the panel it's hard to mouse around, rehook it and move it back to a viewable position.

Pro Member Trainee
Spyah Trainee

Thnx for the effort of making a screenie of what you mean , but i'm sorry to say i can assure you that this is not the problem.

Because i now found out , that when i start fsx in certain resolution ( little lower then the highest) i have my 2d screen . But when i press shift 1 once , it's gone ... and don't come back . What's also freaking anoying is the flickering cursor (arrow) airwolfe was talking about .. i have that too.

i gues it has to do with the triplescreen setup.. Do you have a triple screen setup airwolfe ??

FS so often disapoints me, beeing so damn unstable ...
flying for an hour , start arival procedure , and bang ... FS has encountered a problem and shuts down , happens to many times.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I am still speculating why nobody with problems in this thread has been willing to reveal which aircraft are affected. This is a forum dealing with flightsim problems, not national security issues 🙄

Secrecy and cloak-and-dagger approach in this environment is just silly. Period.

PS: In case you gentlemen still aren't aware: Unlike humans, NOT all aircraft are created equal.
I too have experienced missing panels. Invariably the problems could be traced to a badly compiled a/c... yes, I am kidding you not. The problem is amplified when FSX is concerned simply because compared to previous incarnations of FS there aren't enough a/c to choose from. So we end up with "updated for FSX" attempts. Comprende?

ERGO: If we who would like to help troubleshooting were informed which a/c are behaving badly, we at least would have a starting point.

Pro Member Trainee
Spyah Trainee

no specific aircraft , any aircraft has this problem , and i'm talking fsx only .

but in the mean time i got rid of my fsx install , and got back to fs9 .

and in fs9 , my pmdg crafts are having troule. it doesn't show any screen , efis and all ... and i got it legal.

Pro Member Trainee
Salman68 Trainee

HI Guys this is wat i get........please help.
Thanks!

Salman68
Singapore

Pro Member Trainee
Salman68 Trainee

HI Guys!

Try this.....its really works!

"It seems that the resolution set in Nvidia/Matrox and FSX would only take 3460 x 1050. No larger or my 2D cockpit would vanish and the cursor would flicker and the menu words would just be all lines. So I went back to the older drivers and resolutions and all is fine (albeit not the hi-definition widescreen promised by Matrox and Nvidia)."

Good luck!!!!

Salman

Try this. Go to settings, aircraft, then move the slider "2D panel transparency" all the way to the left.

Joehawk7 Guest

One possibility is that you have too many views on top of each other. Try putting on "Window Views" (right click in front frame/then click "Window Views") The view must be number "00" in order to see the control panel in 2d.

If you have a view number higher than "00", just drag it to another monitor or right click and "delete it" until you have view "00". Then try 2d. Hopefully your panel will return.

Try ctrl+shift+T, then +/-

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...