FSX ILS LANDING HELP

Pro Member Trainee
jyung615 Trainee

Yo...i seen previous topics on this but they dont seem to help me.

i downloaded this add on for airport (TNCM). they equipped an ILS on the airport and i did the landing a while ago and it worked! but now its not but heres what im doing.

i fly not visual but instrument and the controller tells me im clear to land. i put in the ILS. its 110.10. so in my CRJ i put in the nav 1 (110.100) and i switch the nav 1 on and the freq is in active so i hear the morse code and my course is on 94 like it told me but i my plane dont descend even when i my APPROACH is on.....so what am i doing wrong!

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Have you read this yet, it should answer any question you have.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/8080/ils-approach-guide-tutorial/

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

jyung615 wrote:

Yo...i seen previous topics on this but they dont seem to help me.

i downloaded this add on for airport (TNCM). they equipped an ILS on the airport and i did the landing a while ago and it worked! but now its not but heres what im doing.

i fly not visual but instrument and the controller tells me im clear to land. i put in the ILS. its 110.10. so in my CRJ i put in the nav 1 (110.100) and i switch the nav 1 on and the freq is in active so i hear the morse code and my course is on 94 like it told me but i my plane dont descend even when i my APPROACH is on.....so what am i doing wrong!

What's your altitude?
What's your airspeed?

They're two critical parts of the ILS approach that people overlook in favour of the nitty gritty programming of the thing.

Pro Member Trainee
jyung615 Trainee

Altitude is 2000ft

Speed is 180 knots.

The altitude is given to me because the controller tells me to

Pro Member Chief Captain

What about the NAV/GPS switch, do you have it on NAV or GPS?

Pro Member Trainee
jyung615 Trainee

NAV............

NOte im flying a CRJ the default aircraft in FSX

Pro Member Chief Captain

Have you tried flying the profile first, and then engaging APP hold. Remember that it is just an approach hold function; it's far less hit and miss if you fly the profile correctly, get the needles centered or close to centered and then engage APP.

Pro Member Trainee
jyung615 Trainee

its like i hear da morse code my plane is lineing up but not descending

Pro Member Chief Captain

Make sure you aren't engaging the AP too far away either, it should be around 10-12nm.

Show us some screenshots of your approach and the necessary sub-panels too - it might help.

Pro Member Trainee
jyung615 Trainee

ok

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Sounds like to me that your ALT is engaged when you're lined up. i would disengage it right when the needles meet. and fly the approach on your own.

Or run the first lesson so you know what your missing

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...