RAM & Frame rates

Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

Hope someone can help. Currently my PC seems to be running at reduced frame rates (depending on what type of aircraft I use). I use FSX with most of WOAI installed. I also have Just flights 757, 737 & Volume 1 Airbus series.

I currently have 1gb of RAM, if I increased this to 4gb would I see alot of improvement. I also have a Nvidia 8500 GT, if I upgraded this would this improve my performance?

My c drive on my PC has 200gb of memory, I also have an Intel 4 machine.

I am more interested in the RAM, if it is worth my while or not?

Thanks for any help.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You have a low CPU and an older video card. Both of those plus the AI will slow down FSX.
That machine would be fine for 2004.

Radar"

Pro Member First Officer
Llain First Officer

Hi 1gig of ram is not really enough, 2gig minimium.
I have 3gig with a p4 processer and i saw a big improvement when i upgraded from 1gig.
If you have vista like i do then 3 gig min.
Ram is cheap now so it is worth it.

Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

Thanks for that, I thought that the RAM would not have that much affect, but there is no harm in upgrading to 4gig.

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

Certain add-ons may affect frames to, such as my captainsim 757, my pc runs fsx perfect in everyway, but i use that 757 and danm man it slows down like you woulden't believe.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...