download failed!!

Pro Member Trainee
Lennon33 Trainee

I don't get it! I dragged and dropped the aircraft I downloaded from this site into sim objects and then airplane and it does not show up in the game...what am I doing wrong??

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You followed the guide, did you unzip it and put the folder in, not the zip file.
Is it a full FSX aircraft, not a texture or FS9.

Check all the listings in the Sim, it can be under a name you didn't think of.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Lennon33 wrote:

I don't get it! I dragged and dropped the aircraft I downloaded from this site into sim objects and then airplane and it does not show up in the game...what am I doing wrong??

What you need is a good guide/tutorial 😉

Try this ➡ https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Pro Member Trainee
Lennon33 Trainee

Yeah, I'm not sure if I unzipped the file or not but I think I clicked on the right aircraft...I better watch the tutorials again! Thanks guys for the helpful comments!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Lennon33 wrote:

Yeah, I'm not sure if I unzipped the file or not but I think I clicked on the right aircraft...I better watch the tutorials again! Thanks guys for the helpful comments!

You say you "clicked on the right aircraft".
Are you saying that it is visible in the FSX aircraft menu but not in the window or at the airport on "Fly Now".
If so, check in the Sims settings and uncheck DirectX 10 (DX10).

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Lennon33 Trainee

Yes, I clicked on (a6va176..the grumman intruder A6) next to the zipped file icon. I dragged and tried to drop it in the airplanes folder..a sub folder of sim objects on the advice from a youtube tutorial for vista. It did NOT however appear in the fsx airctaft menu at all! When I extracted the zipped file did I not designate it properly?? I don't know if I really unzipped it in the first place or it may be an issue with vista..Or the real issue could be I"M AN IDIOT!!!!

Pro Member Trainee
Lennon33 Trainee

Maybe I'm supposed to create a folder to designate the unzipped file to..but that's my problem- I don't know what to type in or call it to put in the right place. Does extracting the file unzip it? Does that make sense??

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Lennon33 wrote:

Does extracting the file unzip it?

Yes. Just right-click on the .zip folder and select "Extract All..." from the drop-down menu. Then just follow the prompts in the Wizard.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I just downloaded it.
Unzip it.
Now you have a zip with the aircraft name and a folder with the gauges.
Take the contents of the gauge folder and put them into the main gauge folder in the Sim.
Now unzip the 9,137k zip, that's the aircraft.
Put that entire folder containing 6 folder into the simobjects/aircraft and you should be off to the races.

Dump the other 4 items from the original zip.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Lennon33 Trainee

you downloaded it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Lennon33 wrote:

Yes, I clicked on (a6va176..the grumman intruder A6) ...

I am not surprised that you are confused. To try and install one of Mark Rooks's "creations" must be the worst "Baptism of Fire" one could experience. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
Just look at the Read Me First.txt -- how is a newbie supposed to understand this drivel?

On the positive, I'm sure you'll get it installed in the end... only to find out that you won't be happy with the aircraft's behaviour.

Stay away from Rooks is all I can say Yes

Pro Member Trainee
Lennon33 Trainee

I guess I'll take your advice if you say Rooks aircrafts suck, but I'd be happy downloading any aircraft! Nothing works, and now I can't even find a listing for microsoft games on my programs list! I tried typing in flight sim x and I only get a listing of saved flights I had in there..I cannot find the listings for sim objects and so on. Crying or Very sad

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...