Is this the end for AVSIM?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

PRESS RELEASE: AVSIM Hacked!!

Tom Allensworth, CEO and Publisher of AVSIM, today issued the following announcement; “We regret to inform the flight simulation community that on Tuesday, May 12, AVSIM was hacked and effectively destroyed. The method of the hack makes recovery difficult, if not impossible, to recover from. Both servers, that is the library / email and web site / forum servers were attacked. AVSIM is totally offline at this time and we expect to be so for some time to come. We are not able to predict when we will be back online, if we can come back at all. We will post more news as we are able to in the coming days and weeks. END

Best Regards,
Tom Allensworth

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

OMG you cant be serious!!!!
If they dont come back, well........its not gonna be pretty.....

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Why would anyone want to destroy that site??

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Someone with too much time on their hands

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Lets get avsim back up and running.
I have a donate button to them on my webboard sidebar.
Click it and donate whatever you can.

http://www.flightsimulationforums.com/index.php

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Good idea. The guy who did this is a total Censored
Lets hope they get back up and running

Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

Thats a great idea Radarman, i think tom would really aprichiate that.

Also, AVSIM made the BBC Headlines: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8049780.stm

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Why would anyone want to destroy that site??

It makes me mad that anyone would want to do such a thing Evil or Very Mad , but unfortunately they get rep points for destroying things 😕 , so the bigger the site they destroy the bigger the rep they get within their own sad,slimey,i can't get a girlfriend ,i look like a pasty Dracula,nobody will go to the prom with me, so my right hand is my best blistered friend in my sad lonely internet Censored World !
Too far? Not far enough i think!

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

Well said guys. In my humble opinion, that Censored who did that should be taken out and have his Censored cut off, very slowly, so as to inflict the most pain possible. Aside from that, why did Avsim not have a remote back up for all their data? I would gladly have paid a small fee for a down load to support the effort, but they will not see a dime from me, because they made no effort to secure what had to have been the largest flight sim data base in the world. After all, this is the Censored internet.

Censored 'em all ...Art

P.S.

What the Censored is happening to our avatars on this site?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Blink Blink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

effieveda wrote:

P.S.

What the Censored is happening to our avatars on this site?

I haven't been able to see Avatars since yesterday Art... we won't need any though if you keep adding these funny emoticons to your posts 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...