Display character size:

Pro Member First Officer
Pete (pdegraff) First Officer

Can anyone tell me if there is or isn't a way to increase the size of the "Coordinate and Frame Rate" lines in the upper left of the FSX display? (The info you get when you press "Shift+Z".)

Some of you know that I'm not as young as most here are. I have trouble reading (quickly) those lines of red letters and numbers. They were larger in FS9.

Respectfully,
Pete

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

If you reduce graphic resolution say from 1680x1150 to 800x600 it seemly expands the character size.

I've been experimenting with reduced resolution because my 21" LCD is failing above 1200x. And I can increase sliders or achive higher FPS at lower resolutions.

Pro Member First Officer
Pete (pdegraff) First Officer

THANK YOU, oldsamer!

I should have thought of that ... but, I also had reservations about how the display would look. I was running at 1680 X 1050. You gave me the courage to try a lower setting.

I have an Acer 22" monitor so I tried 800 X 600 but FSX then told me I had to use a higher resolution - so, I went to 1280 X 768. The display is easier to read (ALL of it!) and I don't seem to have lost too much in the way of detail. In fact I even advanced some of the sliders. In particular I moved the global texture resolution from very low to very high. Now on "average" scenery I'm getting around 10-16 fps which isn't bad for my rig. I haven't tried a complex airport yet but I seldom fly into those anyway.

Thanks again!
Pete 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...