FSN Carrier Problems

Pro Member Trainee
wack Trainee

Okay. I downloaded FlightSim Nation's Nimitz class carrier. I Used the auto installer, but when I go to the Select an aricraft page, the carrier doesnt appear. Is this just an update for an earlier craft? I've tried downloading it 3 times with no luck each time. Pleas help me

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

All right, the first thing you have to do is find it. In your Aircraft Manufacturer list look for Microsoft. Now you'll see the carrier in your display screen hovering like an aircraft.
Next change your location to TNCM. Open your map and drag the little aircraft icon (it's really the carrier) out into the open ocean. Release Pause and Brakes and you should see something like this:

...and now you can drive it like a car or a camel -- it'll do anything but fly 😛

I've no idea whether you can actually land on or launch off this carrier.

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

You can land on the carrier but you can not catapult off the carrier.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

GundamWZero wrote:

Please do enlighten me, Sir Bow Down

So I've placed this carrier somewhere as in my pics above. Now to land on it, I have to select an aircraft... right? But, when I select an aircraft, that carrier will be gone...

How do you do it?

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

GundamWZero wrote:

Please do enlighten me, Sir Bow Down

So I've placed this carrier somewhere as in my pics above. Now to land on it, I have to select an aircraft... right? But, when I select an aircraft, that carrier will be gone...

How do you do it?

You can't...

That carrier is actually an aircraft.

To get a fully functional carrier in Free Flight, you'll need to get an AI carrier such as the Acceleration one or the newly released Nimitz carrier (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=17845). Once you have one of those, you can the the AI Carriers 2 r2 program (http://lc0277.nerim.net/AICarriers2r2.zip) or the AI Boat Traffic Compiler (http://lc0277.nerim.net/boat/) to make an AI carrier in free flight. If you'd like, I have a couple AI files for the Acceleration carrier and the newly released Nimitz carrier, just tell me if you'd like them.

To get a fully functional carrier in multiplayer, you need to either use SimConnect or a mission. I don't believe there are any SimConnect applications to place a carrier in 1 specific spot (ideal for multiplayer), but there is a mission available here: http://www.strikingsoftware.com/fswc.shtml

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

ollyau wrote:

Oh come on, now you're just screwing with me

I'm afraid the multiplayer scene scares the hell out of me... grapevine has it it's the next thing up from chat rooms full of rude kids 😳

Anyway, down to business. Have Acceleration but think that Javier's Nimitz in conjunction with the aicarrier2 app finally make Acc. worthwhile having.
Thanks for the link to the Boat Traffic Compiler page, looks like an excellent reference and app to boot.

If you'd like, I have a couple AI files for the Acceleration carrier and the newly released Nimitz carrier, just tell me if you'd like them.

Thanks for the offer and yes, I would very much like to get my paws on those AI files, just post them here if you don't mind 🍻

Pro Member Trainee
1LtLoric Trainee

Tailhook:

You can always use FSrecorder! Record yourself sailing around and then play the recording back as traffic with you in a Bug 😀

Hope it helps -- The best solutions are the ones that aren't obvious
Took me a while to figure it out. Sometimes FSX can be aggravating with the inobvious solutions Wall Bashing

Hope it helps though.

🍻
Sam

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks for your suggestion Sam, I've been on the FS Recorder page for a while and what you're saying works 😎

Problem I'm having recently is that FS Recorder crashes FSX -- has only started about 2 weeks ago. No idea yet why, used to work flawlessly. I'm still trying to figure out what needs to be uninstalled to make it work again... 🤔

...maybe FSX...? 😛

Pro Member First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

ollyau wrote:

I'm afraid the multiplayer scene scares the hell out of me... grapevine has it it's the next thing up from chat rooms full of rude kids 😳

Anyway, down to business. Have Acceleration but think that Javier's Nimitz in conjunction with the aicarrier2 app finally make Acc. worthwhile having.
Thanks for the link to the Boat Traffic Compiler page, looks like an excellent reference and app to boot.

If you'd like, I have a couple AI files for the Acceleration carrier and the newly released Nimitz carrier, just tell me if you'd like them.

Thanks for the offer and yes, I would very much like to get my paws on those AI files, just post them here if you don't mind 🍻

The one for the default Acceleration carrier is available as part of my San Francisco Bay Area Living World package, and the one for the Nimitz is on my hard drive and isn't uploaded anywhere. Can you PM me your email address?

Pro Member First Officer

Did you get the email with the AI?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Yes thank you 😀

Pro Member Captain

Tailhook wrote:

ollyau wrote:

Tailhook, go to the FlightSim Nation website and get all the info you need to fly in their server. The moderators are fierce and are quick to boot and ban those annoying kids off thier server. Also they run their server off an IP address (no Gamespy) and use Ventrilo to keep the bandwith running good. They are a great bunch of guys to fly with, too.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks for the HU Gundam I'll check it out

The moderators are fierce...

-- so am I!! 😛

I hope they won't mind my strong Russian accent...

Pro Member Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Thanks for the HU Gundam I'll check it out

The moderators are fierce...

-- so am I!! 😛

I hope they won't mind my strong Russian accent...

Great......we will defintely have a mix bag.....couple of Canadians, few Brits, and a dash of Yanks for flavor. 😀

PrinceMuga Guest

the Aircraft Carrier's deck is invisible for me... HELP please!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...