Graphics going crazy!

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

I have a very strange and annoying situation.

Usually sometime after I have started a flight (can be anythihng from 30 minutes to a couple of hours) the graphics start to go haywire. The best way to describe is like looking through a kaleidescope or some kind of interference. It usually only happens in Spot or Tower view - when in cockpit the graphics are fine apart from the sky outside or the GPS. Sometimes it is only affected when outside of the cockpit.

I have tried several things - downloading the latest drivers for my graphics cards, cleaning the inside of the PC, Disk cleanup and defragment, but nothing seems to fix it. It's a long time since I last installed an update so it's not that either. It's also a brand new monitor, but the same happened on the previous. I even monitored the cpu temeprature but that's OK.

Any ideas or has anyone else suffered a similar thing?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You may have your settings cranked up to high, higher than your card or system can take and eventually the computer heats up and the scenery tears up.
If you fly low, with a wide view (not in cockpit) your trying to render too much too fast.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

This does not make sense. I have been using the same settings for over 2 years now and it was never a problem before.

Why just suddenly within the lats few weeks?

Do you think obtaining the latest drivers for different elements of the PC (such as motherboard etc) will improve things?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Video drivers may help.
When was the last time you did a good cleaning inside the machine, paying extra attention to the CPU fan and video cards fan.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

Well I have to hold up my hands and say I was wrong. I always keep the inside of my PC clean, but this time I decided to take out the video cards and give them a thorough clean. I was very surprised with the amount of large clumps of fluff which came out form inside the fan housings.

I also downloaded a video card driver update which has only just been released.

Following these two actions my simulator seems to be back to full working order, so many thanks RadarMan!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Glad to hear it fine now.
It's surprising sometimes how quickly dust is picked up by the fans.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...