THE END OF AN ERA - BOEING 757

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Boeing ceased production of the 757 last month - with the last one ever to be manufactured being delivered to Shanghai Airlines.

The 757 was designed and produced in tandem with the 767 and both planes share a common type rating for Pilots. The 767 continues to solider on as a slightly cheaper alternative to the Airbus A330/A340 and Boeing's own 777 - albeit with older design and engineering technology.

Boeing are upbeat about the closure of the 757 line, citing their own 737-900 series as an effective replacement. (The -900 series being the largest of the New Generation 737).

The 757's excellent reliability (99% of the 1,050 built are still in active service) means that 757s will still be gracing the skies for at least the next decade or two.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
rockingbasser Guest

big shame, nice aircraft, i hope the dreamliner is a worthy replcaement but for now i guess we have the 737-900.

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

I agree, it is a true shame. The 757 is the Beauty Queen of the sky.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

WAHHHHH!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I loved that plane, I've got over 200 Sim hours on a 757-200. *crying*

Pro Member Trainee
Scott Archbold (Scotteiboi) Trainee

**tear** I don't care how long it rules the sky, i will ALWAYS love the 757. **bawls**

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...