Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

THE END OF AN ERA - BOEING 757

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Boeing ceased production of the 757 last month - with the last one ever to be manufactured being delivered to Shanghai Airlines.

The 757 was designed and produced in tandem with the 767 and both planes share a common type rating for Pilots. The 767 continues to solider on as a slightly cheaper alternative to the Airbus A330/A340 and Boeing's own 777 - albeit with older design and engineering technology.

Boeing are upbeat about the closure of the 757 line, citing their own 737-900 series as an effective replacement. (The -900 series being the largest of the New Generation 737).

The 757's excellent reliability (99% of the 1,050 built are still in active service) means that 757s will still be gracing the skies for at least the next decade or two.

4 Responses

rockingbasser Guest

big shame, nice aircraft, i hope the dreamliner is a worthy replcaement but for now i guess we have the 737-900.

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

I agree, it is a true shame. The 757 is the Beauty Queen of the sky.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

WAHHHHH!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I loved that plane, I've got over 200 Sim hours on a 757-200. *crying*

Pro Member Trainee
Scott Archbold (Scotteiboi) Trainee

**tear** I don't care how long it rules the sky, i will ALWAYS love the 757. **bawls**