Difference between 737 and 757?

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

What's the difference between the Boeing 737 and 757 families? They're both short-medium range jets right? Is the 757 just a newer model?

Thanks in advance for any help 😂

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Newer and bigger

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

i think they don't make the 757's anymore because the 737-900 can go the same distances as a 757

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

JTH wrote:

What's the difference between the Boeing 737 and 757 families? They're both short-medium range jets right? Is the 757 just a newer model?

Thanks in advance for any help 😂

If you want more detail have a look at this ➡
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_757 about the 757

and this ➡ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_737 about the 737.

Well written - even I can understand it Hack

😀

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

The 757 is older and is out of production now. It had a farther range than the 737 which is newer and is used mainly on domestic routes.

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

Boeing quit making the 757 last year. The 737-900 & the New 787 are replacing it.

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Fair enough, thanks for all the info!

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

i cannot belive that at Captain, you do not know the difference betqween a 757 and a 737!

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Just a quick note. "Ranks" on this forum are dependent on how many posts one has made, not how knowledgeable one is about aviation. So they mean nothing 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Bindolaf wrote:

Just a quick note. "Ranks" on this forum are dependent on how many posts one has made, not how knowledgeable one is about aviation. So they mean nothing 😉

You are to be congratulated Bindolaf and your 'quick note' deserves a place in the 'Stickies'.
I've been reading these forums long before I decided to join - but cannot recall that anyone ever has dared to touch on the subject of "Ranks" and indirectly the number of posts one has made they way you just did.

We understand of course that the 'ranking system' is a big draw card especially for younger members and I've got absolutely nothing against that. On the downside, because the irrelevance of 'rank' and 'number of posts' hasn't been pointed out to new members, I often see how meaningful posts by 'lower ranked members' are being ignored in preference of useless ones by those with a flashy signature and the comfortable complacency of "seniority".

I have even seen Don Wood's educational replies to questions pertaining to the finer workings of aviation totally ignored (though thankfully not often) - and I can't help but think that this kind of skipping Don's post(s) is due to the fact that he doesn't have a "Rank" to his name.

...and that's all I have to say to that.
😛

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

Jared wrote:

The 757 is older and is out of production now. It had a farther range than the 737 which is newer and is used mainly on domestic routes.

that sucks I always liked the 757 it was a good plane to fly in 😞 and I dont understand why they quit making them. In my flights on them I thought that they were quite lugsurious.... oh well i got to go tio school.

Klj Guest

The 737-9ER serves black bass on domestic flights.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...