ATC Communication

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

Does anyone out there know of a way to talk to the tower to which your comm one radio is tuned, without having to await it's appearence on the ATC's " Airport Nearer/Further to You List"? I would like to make contact before I get within nine miles of the airport, when the tower of interest finally shows up on the list. It really becomes a problem when there are many little airports and air strips located nearby. I seem to find myself spending alot of time searching through the list looking for my destination airport. Sometimes it's a real pain in the Ass!!!

Thanks in advance ... Art

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

I don't use the default FSX ATC, but my advice would be to pull up the airport in the map (or search an online nav database) and dial in the frequency manually.

Edit: Wait, i didn't read as carefully as I should have. You saying that you can't talk to the tower even when you have the tower freq tuned in your comm 1 radio? The default ATC sucks harder than I thought...

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

That's right Traches, you can be, say, thirty miles from your destination, set its' frequency on your comm one radio, and then you're stuck. As far as I know, there is no way to talk to the tower until it shows up on the ATC window. I was hoping that someone knew of an alternate method, or possibly an add-on that would get around that problem. 😞

Later ... Art

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

I use radar contact and love it, but that only covers IFR. Not sure about a good vfr ATC addon...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...