Madeira - VOR/DME RW 05 Approach problems..

Pro Member Trainee
Macimate Trainee

Hello everyone, I have a minor problem with this approach..
I know how the FMC works and how to do an approach, but what I don't get with this, is that the waypoints for the VOR/DME RW 05 does not line me up with the runway. Instead, at the last waypoint before the runway I am parallel with the runway which lies on the right about 1-2 nm.

I have the latest AIRAC version, am I REALLY supposed to fly the last bit lining me up with the runway because that would be pretty unimaginable to me as you will have to take a sharp 180 right turn about 3 nm out.

I remember in FS2004 with the PMDG 737, it would have waypoints aaall the way to the runway till about 1 nm out!

Gelo and Rosario were the waypoints if I remember correctly..

Where are they now?? Am I supposed to plot them into the FMC myself with help from charts or did I miss something??

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...