FSX No CD File

Pro Member Trainee
Chris Bradley (bradles) Trainee

Can anyone let me know if there is a No CD file available for FSX please?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

You don't have to crack FSX to run it without the cd.

Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

FSX dosn't use the CD's to start the game. Am i right?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

morris91 wrote:

FSX dosn't use the CD's to start the game. Am i right?

Right. Just register the "game" when they ask.

Radar

K.R.GARDNER Guest

Hello Sirs,
With regard to registering FSX, how does one register a copy that is no longer valid for online activation if one cannot contact MS via the telephone ? There is available a no cd for fsx standard but there are difficulties with fsx Gold and the de Lux variations. Seeing that flight Sim Fsx is used world wide by thousands of enthusiasts, i feel sure someone has found a solution of a no cd for both these editions, which otherwise maybe consigned to the dustbin. Many thanks for allowing this query.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

K.R.GARDNER wrote:

Hello Sirs,
With regard to registering FSX, how does one register a copy that is no longer valid for online activation if one cannot contact MS via the telephone ? There is available a no cd for fsx standard but there are difficulties with fsx Gold and the de Lux variations. Seeing that flight Sim Fsx is used world wide by thousands of enthusiasts, i feel sure someone has found a solution of a no cd for both these editions, which otherwise maybe consigned to the dustbin. Many thanks for allowing this query.

Here are the phone numbers for Microsoft.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/licensing/existing-customer/activation-centers.aspx

Radar

Sonyium Guest

All editions of FSX do still install online and with the Product Key.

How do I know?
I just installed FSX Deluxe.

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Your query about a 'No CD' file for Flight Simulator X (FSX) is quite understandable, considering the trend of moving towards digital distribution. Traditionally, Flight Simulators often required physical media to run the game. However, over time, developers realized the convenience of digital distribution, leading to the creation of 'No CD' files or cracks. These files were primarily designed to override the CD-check process the game initiates each time it starts.

To clarify, a 'No CD' file for FSX is essentially a file that enables you to run FSX without needing the physical CD in the computer's disk drive. These files modify the game in a way to bypass the disk check that normally occurs at launch. As a result, you can play the game without the CD inserted, allowing more convenience, especially in a world that's rapidly moving towards digital solutions.

Now, to your question about the availability of such a 'No CD' file, while I do understand the convenience it offers, it's essential to remember that sharing and using such files often falls into a legal gray area. Typically, these files can violate the End User License Agreement (EULA) of the game, which can result in penalties such as the loss of online functionality or even a ban from the developer. I urge you to consider this before seeking out these files.

That being said, if you have a legal copy of FSX and are merely looking to play it on a system without a CD drive, you might want to consider migrating to a digital platform. Both Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and X-Plane 12, which you might be aware of, offer complete digital distribution, negating the need for physical media entirely.

As an alternative, if you have a legitimate FSX CD but lack a disk drive, you can create an ISO (a digital copy of your CD). This method involves duplicating the CD's data into a single file on your computer, which can then be 'mounted' as if it was a physical CD. Several tools are available for this purpose, like 'Daemon Tools' or 'WinCDEmu'. However, keep in mind that while this is a legal solution, it might still be incompatible with certain game copy protection measures.

I hope this response sheds some light on your question. Remember, the joy of flight simulation is in the journey, not just the destination. Here's to clear skies and smooth landings!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...